Report: Dolphins locker room would “revolt” if Laremy Tunsil traded | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins locker room would “revolt” if Laremy Tunsil traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still just don't understand. It's like you have a rotting house so you gotta tear it down to build it back up...but for some reason you get rid of the 90 inch plasma TV instead of transferring it over to the new house.

Because the new house needs a foundation first.

It

I get the general philosophy behind tearing down and rebuilding, but again I dont get why we even extended X if that was the case. There are only two ways this trade makes sense to me: 1)they dindt like Tunsil's attitude, or 2) they dont covet high priced offensive linemen in general.

If neither of those two things are true, then a premier LT is an asset you covet to help rebuild your team. It is highly unlikely we get anyone on Tunsil's level in either of our two late draft picks we got for him.

I mean Cleveland had Joe Thomas for many years and he was the consensus top LT in the NFL. He never played in a playoff game and was apart of a 4-44 record to end his career.

Tunsil will likely become the highest paid OL in the NFL in 2020.

People are overrating the necessity of having a top LT in comparison to other needs.

Much better to have good across the lines than have elite at LT and meh everywhere else.

It

I get the general philosophy behind tearing down and rebuilding, but again I dont get why we even extended X if that was the case. There are only two ways this trade makes sense to me: 1)they dindt like Tunsil's attitude, or 2) they dont covet high priced offensive linemen in general.

If neither of those two things are true, then a premier LT is an asset you covet to help rebuild your team. It is highly unlikely we get anyone on Tunsil's level in either of our two late draft picks we got for him.

i don't believe those are the only two scenarios available although i agree having to pay in the range of 15-20 mil/year for a non-QB plays into the decision.

i don't think trading Tunsil was something we actively pursued. IT's hard to know as an outsider of course, but i would assume the Texans contacted us about the availability of Tunsil. the compensation we received would support that theory.

i also don't think that a premier LT is a must-have for sustained success.

likewise, i don't think we are actively dangling X either. He's obviously a player we'd like to have around for the long haul since we already extended him. but all that aside, if some team offered an arm and a leg as compensation for X, i'm sure we'd at least listen.

I mean Cleveland had Joe Thomas for many years and he was the consensus top LT in the NFL. He never played in a playoff game and was apart of a 4-44 record to end his career.

People are overrating the necessity of having a top LT in comparison to other needs.

Much better to have good across the lines than have elite at LT and meh everywhere else.

No no no you do not get to back your way out of wanting a franchise left tackle. Some of know your VIP Chat history. We know there is a Jake Wrong Jersey in your closet

No no no you do not get to back your way out of wanting a franchise left tackle. Some of know your VIP Chat history. We know there is a Jake Wrong Jersey in your closet

And 11 years later we still haven't won a playoff game. I have learned the errors of my ways.

Also I had a bad Hennessy addiction back then and wanted Chad Henne to become the next Marino so I could watch Henne with my Henny.

Corn tasted better back then. I'm full now.

And 11 years later we still haven't won a playoff game. I have learned the errors of my ways.

Also I had a bad Hennessy addiction back then and wanted Chad Henne to become the next Marino so I could watch Henne with my Henny.

Corn tasted better back then. I'm full now.

I almost miss people arguing with me over Jake Long. Telling me I don't know what I am talking about you absolutely build with a franchise left tackle.

If they mutiny, they just hurt themselves while furthering the cause to secure the first pick.

Then they'll be sent to capture Burmese Pythons in the everglades...

With two ones’s and a two, you could very plausibly have three very high picks to use for your seed money for three fifths of your line (something like LT, C, and RT) and get higher in the draft for a top notch QB because you’re losing so many games until the picks materialize.

I feel like we were already in a position to fix the line and have a dominant LT. We set ourselves up with tons of cap space and a lot of picks even before the trade. Are we never going to pay an elite LT money? They must not be as high on him as a lot of us are.

With two ones’s and a two, you could very plausibly have three very high picks to use for your seed money for three fifths of your line (something like LT, C, and RT) and get higher in the draft for a top notch QB because you’re losing so many games until the picks materialize.

The days of dumping high picks and big money on cornfed lineman are over. Look how New England builds a line. Pretty obvious Flores believes in that philosophy.

Honestly, the only person left on that team that needs to go is R.Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom