Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth

What about Tua at 3 , Simmons at 5...........Trade one of the later picks and our first 2 at 39 to get back into the 1st round to get Jones, Jackson or whoever they might be in love with.

If we get to 3 and also have 5, Tua will be there at 5.

With Flores as your HC, #3 will go to the D.

What you really, really, really want to hear is that Chase Young is available @ #3.

Deciding with Young, Simmons and a QB with #3 and #5..... get out your calculators... this could get interesting to see if QB gets picked.

Flores would love Simmons' versatility and Young's dominance.

Honestly, I gotta say #3 Young and #5 Simmons would be a SERIOUS discussion if Young is there @ 3.

Can't say I'd blame them either.

The silly math is how could you keep a 3rd 1st Rounder in play for this year and grab Love/Tua in the middle of the 1st?

Yea.. that IS just silly talk.

Logic tells me it is #3 Young/Simmons + #5 Tua.

I believe the Herbert talk and OL talk is pure smoke to get action into spots #2 - #4 to get Young and Simmons to slide down so they can get one of the 2.

It would take #18 and # 26 and our first pick in the second round this year.
Very steep price.

Maybe Fins have their top target, but Flores wants Simmons too.
The only I think it works to get the big haul, would be
Tua at 5
Hope Simmons falls to 9 and maybe trade 26 70, and a 5th.
Hope one of the big 4 slides to 18.
Not impossible and could happen.

What you really, really, really want to hear is that Chase Young is available @ #3.

Deciding with Young, Simmons and a QB with #3 and #5..... get out your calculators... this could get interesting to see if QB gets picked.

Honestly, I gotta say #3 Young and #5 Simmons would be a SERIOUS discussion if Young is there @ 3.

The silly math is how could you keep a 3rd 1st Rounder in play for this year and grab Love/Tua in the middle of the 1st?

I believe the Herbert talk and OL talk is pure smoke to get action into spots #2 - #4 to get Young and Simmons to slide down so they can get one of the 2.

And what happens if/when the giants trade out at 4 for someone coming up for tua?

whoops isn’t gonna cut it

some Russian roulette players up in here

Last edited:

The only way Young would be available at 3 is if Washington takes a QB at 2 and that would likely be Tua. Yet getting Young and possibly Herbert would be okay.

Let’s say we trade 18 and something else.. Take Tua at 3, and then at 5 let a team like the jags trade up or jump the chargers for Herbert.

Masterful
The Jags have 9th and 20th pick....interesting

Yup knew this had to be the plan. So if this goes down and you get 3 and 5. You take Tua 3 as Burrow and Young are gone. You then let the Giants pick between Simmons and Wills. Hope they go lineman so we can scoop Simmons at 5. If not a book end for Tua or a trade down with Jax or Oak so they can grab Herbert. I Love Everything About This!

There's no can't miss prospect at qb this year especially with Tua and Herbert and most of the top QBs in the league weren't drafted in the Top 10. And many not even in the 1st round at all.

I would love this draft....

5) Simmons
18) Best LT available
26) Love
39) Best RB
56) OL or WR

In the mid-rounds double down on qb with Anthony Gordon or someone else.

View attachment 44292
Yup knew this had to be the plan. So if this goes down and you get 3 and 5. You take Tua 3 as Burrow and Young are gone. You then let the Giants pick between Simmons and Wills. Hope they go lineman so we can scoop Simmons at 5. If not a book end for Tua or a trade down with Jax or Oak so they can grab Herbert. I Love Everything About This!

I agree, however I think for the Giants it's them picking between Wills and Thomas and we get the other

If the plan is to get both Thomas and Tua, you trade with Detroit and take Thomas as long as you keep the 5. If the threat us that the Giants might trade down with the Chargers and we lose Tua, why can't we give the Giants a little something to move from 4 to 5? They know we are going QB. The Giants lose nothing and gain a pick.

The way the world is at the moment and upside down and going sideways and our recent history of drafting It wouldnt suprise me to see our team pull off a complete steal.

Back
Top Bottom