Report: Flores-dolphins Deal Already Completed | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Flores-dolphins Deal Already Completed

How in the world are people getting mad on here bc he said at one point he thought he would be a GM??? His first job he got was in the scouting arena, so of course he THOUGHT he would be working his way up to a GM if he continued on that career ladder. After awhile he said he realized he wanted to more directly impact the outcome of games & players, so he ASKED to move into coaching. Man people will get butt hurt about anything on here.
They should eat a Snickers

That’s fair enough, but like you say we don’t know how much of that was Oden’s call. We ended up having a pitiful pass rush as the year went on as well so..

Ya, pass rush was pitiful and deserves to be considered but not an excuse for the lack of basic coverage to were there was even a shot at blocking the pass because the DB is 3-4 5 yds away. And when you are covering a guy in the end zone blocking the pass is essential because Tackling the guy after the catch is truthfully meaningless...The WR catches the pass for the TD who gives a crap that he's tackled and it seemed as if way to often the concern was just tackling.... Hope it wasn't Oden or we could be screwed again unless the staff also puts its foot down. This pattern was not an new thing either, cause it's been seen off and on mostly on the last few years. But we will just have to see...

too many blown assignments from the dbs I'd have fired the db coach

way too many

tight ends coach would be taking a walk too

He did though in the article if I am not mistaken?

"“I moved up the ranks and fell in love with coaching,” Flores said. “Being around players you get a chance to make an impact. You get to know them, you get to know their families, you get to know where they grew up. To me when you connect with a player, and they trust you, and they know you care about them, you can be as demanding and tough and get on them as much as you want. That’s kind of my style. They don’t like me all the time. That’s the truth. But they respect me and they know I respect them."

appears I missed that. thanks

Not a fan of our DB play this year. Seems like the DB's continuous pattern of coverage from other area codes was acceptable for most of the season... Don't know if that was Oden or not, but it was flat out painful and aggravating to watch....Seem like Studesville has done a good job.

I think oden is pretty well regarded as a coach. X and MF turned in pretty damn good years playing CB even behind our God awful line and with no pressure whatsoever most of the season. Also, they had many players playing out of position due to injuries which was a mistake imo.

playing out of position has nothing to do with blown assignment and contain

I sure hope flores holds db coach and player accountable this year for that crap. I know belichick would

So just a rundown of the new coaching staff (as we are told now) and what their previous postion were

HC-Brian Flores (Pats LB Coach/Acting DC)
OC-Chad O'Shea (Pats WR coach)
QB/Assistant HC-Jim Caldwell (Lions Head Coach 2017)
RB-Eric Studesville (retained)
WR-Karl Dorrell (Jets WR coach)
OL-Pat Flaherty (Jags OL Coach)
TE-George Godsey (Lions QB Coach)
DC-Patrick Graham (Packers Run Game Coordinator/ILB coach)
DL-Marion Hobby (Jags DL)
LB-Robbie Leonard (GIants OLB coach)
DB-Tony Oden (retained)
ST-Danny Crossman (Bills ST Coach)

Facts about the staff,

2 coaches who have some type of head coaching experience (Caldwell, and Stoudesville in an interim capacity)
3 coaches on offense that have called plays in either the NFL or College (Caldwell, Dorrell, and Godsey)
9 coaches with Super Bowl rings. The only ones with no Super Bowl Rings have a National Title (Hobby) and a World Bowl (Crossman)
4 coaches worked with the Pats at some point (Flores, O'Shea, Godsey, Graham)
3 coaches were assistants to either Josh McDaniels or Bill O'Brien (Godsey, Studesville, Dorrell)
4 coaches with connections to Tom Coughlin (Hobby,Leonard,Graham,Flaherty)
3 coaches with connections to Caldwell from Detroit (Crossman, Oden, Godsey)
1 coach not to appear in a super bowl (Hobby)
2 coaches over 60 years old

Take those how you will

Back
Top Bottom