Report: Flores Loves Parsons | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Flores Loves Parsons

Bateman is the last of the 6 or 7 for me, so I wouldn't love it, but, yes, I'd have to consider it a success overall. With a Top 10 and a Top 20 pick, they'd be getting a Top 10 and a Top 20 player, which is a lot better than Miami typically does.
Thanks, I always enjoy your post and replies.

Here we all have been thinking we jumped up to 6 for Pitts or another top pass catcher. What if the move to 6 was really for Parsons all along? I know Detroit needs playmakers after losing some WRs in FA, but you'd have to imagine that a guy like Dan Campbell would love Parsons for his defence.

I'm in a small minority but I'd be very cool with Parsons at 6.

This is a second chance at not screwing (not the real word I want to use) up a Patrick Willis type of situation. Need I remind us Dolfans about the 2007 draft? Patrick Willis was there for the taking and who was the selection?

How many years have us Dolfans raised hell about mobile QB's carving up our Defense like a ham on Thanksgiving?

With Parsons as the quarterback of the Defense those days are OVER!!

Don't get me wrong I'd be on board with Chase also, it's just that the fins haven't had a true MIKE since Zach and I grow frustrated with mobile QB's looking like HOF types against our defense year after year.

Offenses may get the ooh's and ahh's and put butts in the seats BUT defense wins championships.

Here we all have been thinking we jumped up to 6 for Pitts or another top pass catcher. What if the move to 6 was really for Parsons all along? I know Detroit needs playmakers after losing some WRs in FA, but you'd have to imagine that a guy like Dan Campbell would love Parsons for his defence.

Gut feeling Detroit goes WR at pick 7. Losing Golladay and Jones in the offseason who is Goff throwing to other than Hockenson (sp?) ??

6. Pitt, TE, Florida
12.Smith, wr, Bama (Trade 18 and 50) for 12.
36. Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
81. Quinn Meinerz, C, Wisconsin-Whitewater
156. Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State

I'm in a small minority but I'd be very cool with Parsons at 6.

This is a second chance at not screwing (not the real word I want to use) up a Patrick Willis type of situation. Need I remind us Dolfans about the 2007 draft? Patrick Willis was there for the taking and who was the selection?

How many years have us Dolfans raised hell about mobile QB's carving up our Defense like a ham on Thanksgiving?

With Parsons as the quarterback of the Defense those days are OVER!!

Don't get me wrong I'd be on board with Chase also, it's just that the fins haven't had a true MIKE since Zach and I grow frustrated with mobile QB's looking like HOF types against our defense year after year.

Offenses may get the ooh's and ahh's and put butts in the seats BUT defense wins championships.
Parsons makes us a top 5 defense

If Pitts and Chase are gone at 6 Parsons does make us an elite defense. He is one of the final pieces, trade up a little from 18 and get either Waddle or Smith. Pitts is a beast and would change our offense, however, we could still get there with our tes right now. Not a bad group, Smith, Fuller, Williams, Parker. When healthy an impressive group. With Houstons 2nd round pick, get the best BPA . Draft a running back with our pick in the second. Then good depth BPA the rest of the draft. We have soft spots in our roster as all NFL teams do , however , with 4 picks in the top 50 and the way Grier has signed free agents we are not boxed into a corner at any position for the next yr. Yes we can always improve, what is nice is we can draft a player that is an improvement and not a reach as a need.

here’s your not sexy. Do I even need to add that’s a true sophomore convert to off ball lb in college? Wrecked a bowl game. By himself

I don’t see scenario where we he lasts to #18 and we pass.
Only longshot: we get lucky and Pitts falls to #6 and then Waddle or Smith drop to #18. Don’t see it. Unless the character on Parsons is creepy and league shies away from “smaller” WRs. Longshot.

Parsons is truly a stellar prospect and worth a high pick because he is something rare in today's game-- a three down linebacker with a fierce game presence.

I don't think we'll take him @6, but he'd look really good @9, if Denver comes up.

Less than a month out from the draft ... I simply can't believe any new information. It's not like we shouldn't like one of the top prospects ... so I'm not calling it a bald face lie or anything. But it's the heart of disinformation season ... and I simply cannot put any confidence into it. He's a very athletic LB with good but not great production and off the field red flags. That sounds exactly like the type of prospect we've taken a gamble on in the past, so sure, we may be very interested. But, this new report does not change my opinion at all.

Personally, I think the better prospect is Zaven Collins. Not quite as athletic, but at 6'5 and 260 lbs., he's big enough to play OLB/MLB/DE, stop the run, rush the passer, creates turnovers, and is one of the best coverage LB's in this draft ... and one of the best versatile edge players like this in the last few years. Parsons may be the higher rated prospect, but IMHO, Collins is the better football player and better scheme fit. Zaven Collins reminds me of a bigger Bobby Wagner with better edge abilities.

Back
Top Bottom