(report) Josh Rosen's Stock Is Dropping So...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(report) Josh Rosen's Stock Is Dropping So......

Mayock has him falling to us in his mock, but we are passing to draft Edmunds. I'm in two minds in that scenario if it plays out (although I think he has at least one pick before us wrong, I don't see the Raiders going with McGlinchey at 10). Edmunds would get my man crush going more than anyone in the draft, but we need that Franchise QB that Rosen I think will be.

From what I am hearing from My Buddies is if Rosen gets past 4 Bills going to 5 to get him.

They still want to get to two and buddies do say they already have framework for 2, 5, 7. Guess it just depends on when and for who they will pull the triggers on these. Trying to get a look at the board.

I could see that. Who would you like Buffalo to draft?

I don't know why, but I keep thinking Miami will draft Lamar Jackson. I think that he could thrive with Adam Gase. There are footwork issues, but were talking about someone who is loaded with athletic ability who might be a perfect fit for a RPO type offense. Lots Gase could do with Jackson. Empty backfield with the threat of a running game. Adding an additional tight end or offensive lineman. Some wildcat type plays.

This much is probably true. The team that drafts Jackson will lead the league in rushing. My big question is whether he can win from the pocket. Right now, I'm not too sure.

As to Rosen, he looks like the best passer of the bunch.

Rodgers fell in the draft, he's now one of the best quarterbacks in the league and has a ring. Now I'm not saying Rosen is as good as Rodgers, or that he'll ever get near to him, but the thing to remember is that sometimes that player that falls goes on to have a great career and sticks it to all of those teams that passed on him.
And for every Rodgers, there's a Leinart and Quinn.

The guy has had 2 recent concussions. In today's NFL, that should scare the hell out of any team.

The guy has had 2 recent concussions. In today's NFL, that should scare the hell out of any team.

I think that is the ultimate reason or to some, red flag. His desire of the professional game could be more Chris Borland, than most of us could fathom. Jobs in my opinion will be on the line with a QB having these issues.

Josh Rosen has Jay Cutler eyes. Eyes that scream dont give a ****

Now I can't stop thinking of that song "Bette Davis Eyes" but singing it as "In the end... he may be a bust.....he's got.....Smokin' Cutler eyes"

True, some players fall for good reason, but if this front office is sold on Rosen having franchise quarterback potential, then it makes sense for the team to draft him if he's available when we are on the clock.

The concussion side is a concern, but concussions can happen in a contact sport. We could draft someone with zero diagnosed concussions and he could suffer a big hit and be diagnosed with a concussion in his first game, then return and receive another big hit and another concussion. It can happen because in the current era more players are diagnosed than in previous eras because they are protecting the players and looking for them. It is likely more will be diagnosed as time goes on as they become more stringent on hits to the head.

So while Rosen's concussions are a cause for concern, it doesn't mean he will be prone to them for the rest of his career. It comes down to the protection he gets from his oline to how smart he is with the ball in his hands. If QBs continue to receive more protection and are wrapped in bubble wrap, some of those concussion risks could be reduced. But like I said, we could pass on him for someone with no concussion history and they could suffer concussions. It really is one of those things you have to accept can happen to any prospect coming into the league.

Rosen concussions well that can certainly be a issue after seeing Ryan get clobberd behind our offensive line over the years. We need a great Oline coach or hope he has a quick release like Dan Marino

Moving the chains with Jim and Pat had no trades in there mock draft today on Sirius XM and they had Josh going to Miami.
You should also note that
Rudolph is 2nd only to Mayfield imo and I can get him later why would I take Rosen?
Some of us think that Rosen happens to be the best damn QB in the Draft (and is absolutely, definitely the smartest). Only concern that I have are the multiple concussions. All of the crap about his liberal politics and the fact that he isn't christian and comes from an extremely wealthy family, means zilch. Watch his performance in games. He has a very good arm and has excellent football intelligence.
Note - Josh isn't everybody's cup of tea. Some teams with owners who fully embrace President Trump eg the Jets (Woody is Trump's Ambassador to the UK and was one of his biggest donors in the election), the Browns, the Giants and the Bills, probably won't want their future face of the franchise to be from the other side of politics with a penchant and inclination to speak openly. That is simply our potential gain (like Tunsil and the bong gas mask pic). Mr Ross is also of Jewish heritage and has a track record of having donated to both sides of politics (and a major business opponent as a NYC developer was Donald Trump). I have zero doubt that Rosen would be far more comfortable in Miami than in some of these other places.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom