Report: Manning had a 4th surgery on his neck | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Manning had a 4th surgery on his neck

At this ****ing point it is impossible to tell who is "creditable" and who is not with regard to the Manning debacle.

I will wait and see how it plays.

Hate to say it but we need to look at flynn now or rg3. This sounds like its getting riskier and riskier. This is sad because i really wanted manning.

Ouch. Looks like Irsay just outed PM. Owner > Player

Oh look, the first Manning thread that mentions nothing about the Dolphins posted in a Miami Dolphins forum. That's refreshing.

The first surgery he had on his neck was to remove bone spurs. Then he developed the bulging disc and had to have surgery on that. Then he developed more bone spurs and had to have those removed. Then he needed the cervical fusion. And now according to the report he's developed more bone spurs above the fusion and will inevitably need to have those removed, and possibly needs to have those vertebrae fused as well.

Peyton...seriously...retire. It's not worth it. You HAVE a ring.

Im no Dr. but removing bone spurs seems somewhat routine and expected next what he has endured. I wouldn't jump off any bridges just yet. Nothing in that article seemed very alarming to me. NFL players routinely have surgeries every year that are far worse than removing bone spurs.
I do however subscribe to the theory that Flynn should be a serious "blip" on our radar right now. I can dream but Manning with RGIII sitting behind him for a couple years sounds amazing to me.

Are you actually trying to say that needing 3 surgeries within 2 years to remove bone spurs in the same area of your spine is...routine?

Really?

Are you actually trying to say that needing 3 surgeries within 2 years to remove bone spurs in the same area of your spine is...routine?

Really?

No, I said that compared to the surgeries he has had it is. I know atheletes that have had bone spurs removed from the same area multiple times. It isn't the same as have your vertebrae fused by a long shot.

I've had bone spurs removed from my shoulder and I was 100% in 5 weeks, and I only rehabbed 2 hours a week because I didnt want to heel to fast and go back to work!

Even if Peyton is able to play again, is it really worth risking all of the money he will command for maybe another year or two of football, at most? Even if he hadn't injured his neck he is still 35+ years old and he has a lot of miles and wear and tear on the tires. The only way we should consider making him an offer should be based on him passing a thorough physical, and then base his pay on how many games he can play, completions, attempts, etc., if NOT, then lets just move on....

Flynn, RG3, Osweiler, Weeden or others can compete with Matt Moore next year. Peyton is a sure ballot Hall of Famer and I think we all would love to see him play again at a high level, but sometimes you get old and need to call it quits before you turn into a guy like Willy Mays, when he played for the Mets late in his career.

Anyone who seriously wants to throw money at Peyton at this point is a lunatic.... The guy is a hit away from being paralyzed. He needs to retire, and go into coaching if he still wants to be involved in the game.

Anyone who seriously wants to throw money at Peyton at this point is a lunatic.... The guy is a hit away from being paralyzed. He needs to retire, and go into coaching if he still wants to be involved in the game.
He is not one hit away from being paralyzed! Know the facts!

No, I said that compared to the surgeries he has had it is. I know atheletes that have had bone spurs removed from the same area multiple times. It isn't the same as have your vertebrae fused by a long shot.

To each his own but I don't think it's a GOOD sign that his neck bones in the same area where he's had bulging discs and necessary cervical fusion, are flaking away like a french pastry.

Back
Top Bottom