Report: NFL's COVID-19 backup schedule includes no bye weeks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: NFL's COVID-19 backup schedule includes no bye weeks

Yeah, not really sure why no bye is needed. Unless, the season needs to get ended before the official 2021 season is supposed to start? Maybe they are hoping the virus won't have to affect two NFL seasons?
they don't want the season to go into the spring. You have the senior bowl, the east/west game, the combine and then the draft. if you run the season into March that'd be a big problem.

Roger Goodell C, Unsigned Free Agent

The 2021 NFL Draft will be held from April 29-May 1 in Cleveland.

The NFL had already confirmed next year's draft would remain in Cleveland following this year's stay-at-home event, but the dates had never been officially announced. The 2022 extravaganza will take place in Las Vegas after the coronavirus forced the cancellation of this year's festivities. Everyone seemed to love this year's more toned down affair, but it was never going to be the model going forward.

Source: Associated Press

Apr 28, 2020, 1:33 PM ET

they don't want the season to go into the spring. You have the senior bowl, the east/west game, the combine and then the draft. if you run the season into March that'd be a big problem.

yeah, I get that, but 14 games and a bye is an option. 16 games and no bye would be brutal

Because they shut down. That's why... In order for anything to function near normal with this virus lurking around it requires HEAVY testing, tracing and isolation. In absence of that, it requires a shut down. Because if no one is interacting with each other, testing or no testing, the virus has no where to go.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/states-reopen-map-coronavirus.html

My friend, this is becoming a political discussion, or at least a discussion more about the pandemic than about the Dolphins. I'm sure you'll find people to discuss it with in VIP or something?

If they decide not to have a Collage Football Season this year, I wonder how the NFL would hold a Draft next year? The only information they would have would be almost two years old by then.

Small Chance of no NFL Season

I think we all need to plan for the worst, while hoping for the best. It’s a “small chance” now, but it’ll become a “moderate chance” during summer. Depending on how this fall wave looks, I bet we get word initially of the shortened season and then the canceled one. I hope I’m wrong though. 2 years of waiting to see Tua feels cruel and unusual.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom