Report: Numerous Miami Dolphins Offensive Lineman Have Been Meeting Up To Train Regularly | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Numerous Miami Dolphins Offensive Lineman Have Been Meeting Up To Train Regularly

“New left guard Ereck Flowers has been a key component of those sessions, one player said.”

I'm pretty impressed to read this. I was under the impression Flowers was a spoiled brat that couldn't make it at Tackle. Seems like he is embracing his opportunity in Miami

Easy to lose weight fast if you give up stuff; like my beer, chips, pizza,
I doubt he was gorging on that stuff as a college athlete... but yes I get ya

“New left guard Ereck Flowers has been a key component of those sessions, one player said.”

I'm pretty impressed to read this. I was under the impression Flowers was a spoiled brat that couldn't make it at Tackle. Seems like he is embracing his opportunity in Miami
Loved reading that as well.. I was worried maybe he would get paid and get lazy. Sounds like he may be a solid teammate

But if they do they'll more than likely be fine in a couple of weeks. I'd almost prefer the Fins all get the rona now and have that immunity built up for the regular season. Probably a huge competitive advantage.

But on the topic of the article-thats great. Lots of new faces and they need to at least work toward being mentally on the same page.
I have been waiting for the herd immunity chickenpox approach. Get all the players to one city. Infect them all and quarantine for 14 days, then play ball.

Kindley was also asked to lose weight, apparently he’s dropped 21 pounds since leaving college.

▪ Kudos to Georgia rookie offensive lineman Solomon Kindley for losing 21 pounds since the college football season ended. He was 352 in January, 337 at the NFL Combine and now 331.

The expectation is that he will lose another seven pounds or so during training camp. The Dolphins expect Kindley to compete at right guard and back up at left guard.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article242906931.html#storylink=cpy

If he loses/transfers some of that weight, he's going to be even nastier. I liked him out of college, but apparently one of the biggest critiques on him is that be's more of a waist-bender than a knee-bander, and that costs him dearly if he gets his weight out in front of him while blocking.

I don't know enough about technique to know if that's an easy thing to fix, but if he CAN...hoo boy.

I have been waiting for the herd immunity chickenpox approach. Get all the players to one city. Infect them all and quarantine for 14 days, then play ball.

I hope this is sarcasm. Otherwise, since everybody doesn’t gets a mild/moderate case, what percent of the NFL is ok to die or become hospitalized in your opinion?

So to get back on topic, heres that article I mentioned. Stating Flowers is the dolphins most underrated player.

Everybody loves a good redemption story, and Flowers has become one. The ninth overall pick of the Giants in 2015 spent his first four seasons as one of the NFL’s worst offensive tackles, but got a professional rebirth in 2019 when the Redskins signed him to a one-year, $3.25 million deal and moved him to left guard. Flowers performed far better in a phone booth where his wonky mechanics and sub-optimal mobility weren’t obvious deficits. He allowed just two sacks and 24 total pressures in 588 pass-blocking snaps, and established himself as an above-average run-blocker. Flowers may never be a top-five offensive lineman, but the Dolphins will get more out of the three-year, $30 million contract they gave him in March than you might think.

But if they do they'll more than likely be fine in a couple of weeks. I'd almost prefer the Fins all get the rona now and have that immunity built up for the regular season. Probably a huge competitive advantage.

But on the topic of the article-thats great. Lots of new faces and they need to at least work toward being mentally on the same page.
giphy.gif

One of the Dolphins OLineman lives in my building and I've regularly seen him both working out here and leaving with what looks like stuff to work out at a home-gym setting.

In other news, if COVID spreads around that OL room - pray for me since we touch all the same door handles.

Kindley was also asked to lose weight, apparently he’s dropped 21 pounds since leaving college.

▪ Kudos to Georgia rookie offensive lineman Solomon Kindley for losing 21 pounds since the college football season ended. He was 352 in January, 337 at the NFL Combine and now 331.

The expectation is that he will lose another seven pounds or so during training camp. The Dolphins expect Kindley to compete at right guard and back up at left guard.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article242906931.html#storylink=cpy

That was a pretty awesome article..

Favorite points were..

1) Austin Jackson is smart and good. pickin up the system well, Starting left tackle, excited that he is a dolphin..

2) Solomon Kindley on pace to lose about 30 lbs, I love this pick..love it even more now..kid is gonna be a steal.

3) any time Curtis weaver can lose weight and get in better shape it’s a very good sign..it’s one of his biggest obstacles..he really needs to transform his physique..good to hear that he’s trying.

4) Steven Ross..been helping the cause of racial equality before it became Cool..His team has the first head coach/GM in history...He doesn’t just talk about change.

They better, chances are we will have a rookie LT, RG, AND RT.

Back
Top Bottom