Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection

I'm not going to judge Waddle on how many passes he catches this year. He's here for more than just that. His speed alone will help out parker, Gesicki and the running game by making the defense back off for a change. I don't think Waddle will lead the team in receptions but rather, will lead the team on big plays and will make things easier for the whole offense. If we're scoring more and he's a big part of it then that's all I care about.

Stats are oftentimes misleading. Waddle does so much and the game is about field position. He makes big plays and is a threat when he gets the ball. Defenses have to game plan against him. Yes, worthy of a 6 pick. He isnt just a WR, he has mutliple uses which says "Flores Player" all over it.

Get over the crying, Waddle is going to be fun to watch as a Dolphin.

I could care less about madden or any of that other bs. If you take a wr at 6 and he’s not producing at a high clip on a weekly basis in terms of consistency of production than you got hozed.

point blank period. And I don’t care if gesucky or any of these other “retards” want to tell ya any different.

wake the f up. This is pick 6 if you aren’t getting tyreek hill return here you failed with that trade out and pick investment in the player. Even then tyreek hill himself probably doesn’t go top 6 in a draft redo. A guy that played on the boundary and made a living there like Steve smith yeah maybe but miamis already got true boundary types in dvp and Preston williams in-house and has to make room for one year rental right now at least will fuller (assuming he doesn’t get popped for peds again or the peds did a lot of the driving prior to him getting popped...kids had a lot of soft tissue injuries in his pro career)

and steve smith was a whole nother level of mean and nasty and enforcer than your freshly minted built like a kick returner slot wr add at 6 mind you.
...somebody needs a lot of attention!

Try a littler sunshine. It helps ease those nasty clouds!

>>> feel better!

There was an article in yesterday's paper about how Fuller and Waddle give the Dolphins more speed than they have had at receiver in ages. That the kind of speed that must be respected. Defenses must account for both players on every down. I think Parker, Williams and MG will have plenty of room underneath to burn any team. We got Tua the firepower he needed so soon it will be time to lace them up and find out what we have.

If Waddle is injured for more than 4 games this season. It was bad trade. Unless he leads the team in receiving while he is in.

If he does not lead the team in receiving. It was bad trade and pick. Please convince me otherwise if you disagree.
Are they drafting this player to play for just one season? Do you stop evaluating a player after one season? No.

When did I say that? I said it would be a bad pick compared to how the others produce. Stop making excuses before they even happen. Apparently Waddle can do no wrong no matter what he does and neither could Chris Grier. They deserve the benefit of the doubt on anything and everything they could possibly do wrong. See how you don't like people putting words in your mouth that aren't exactly what you said?

Sorry I don't believe you should have to wait until 3 to 4 years for a #6 pick to produce at an average level.

So then your argument is that you think he's going to have the same type of production every year. Got it.

And it's not an excuse to say that it's not a bad trade regardless of production in year one.

I could care less about madden or any of that other bs. If you take a wr at 6 and he’s not producing at a high clip on a weekly basis in terms of consistency of production than you got hozed.

point blank period. And I don’t care if gesucky or any of these other “retards” want to tell ya any different.

wake the f up. This is pick 6 if you aren’t getting tyreek hill return here you failed with that trade out and pick investment in the player. Even then tyreek hill himself probably doesn’t go top 6 in a draft redo. A guy that played on the boundary and made a living there like Steve smith yeah maybe but miamis already got true boundary types in dvp and Preston williams in-house and has to make room for one year rental right now at least will fuller (assuming he doesn’t get popped for peds again or the peds did a lot of the driving prior to him getting popped...kids had a lot of soft tissue injuries in his pro career)

and steve smith was a whole nother level of mean and nasty and enforcer than your freshly minted built like a kick returner slot wr add at 6 mind you.

Hill only had 593 yards receiving and 6 TDs his rookie year. If/when Waddle has similar rookie stats, you and Benny are going to be screaming bust, and I'll just laugh.

Hill only had 593 yards receiving and 6 TDs his rookie year. If/when Waddle has similar rookie stats, you and Benny are going to be screaming bust, and I'll just laugh.

and I will be laughing at you for comping a top 10 pick expected return with a pick 165 one as a rookie

😂 hell I’m laughing already

and I will be laughing at you for comping a top 10 pick expected return with a pick 165 one as a rookie

Umm that was you making the comparison. That's why I bolded it. So you're laughing at yourself. Good job.

I've never been a fan of drafting WRs early; the 'book' on drafting WRs has shown that many (if not most) of the highly drafted WRs are no better than the ones drafted in the second and third rounds.

That said, Waddle was the perfect 'fit' for our offense. We desperately NEEDed a slot-style receiver with deep speed... but there were others who we could have taken.

This was a NEED over BPA pick, plain and simple.

I don't hate it, indeed... Waddle was the guy I kept saying was the proper fit for our offense... not Chase, not Smith, not even Pitts, but he was a NEED pick. If we would have taken BPA, it would have been Sewell or Parsons.

It seems like you have an axe to grind ... I wonder if its because you had your eye set on someone else at 3 (then 6) ... hmmmm ....

It seems like you have an axe to grind ... I wonder if its because you had your eye set on someone else at 3 (then 6) ... hmmmm ....

I just want something we actually pick up a 5th year option on for once. Not too much to ask.

as for who my eyes were set on you guys will get a front row ticket in the nfl opener to his game and his impact on it.

f

I just want something we actually pick up a 5th year option on for once. Not too much to ask.

as for who my eyes were set on you guys will get a front row ticket in the nfl opener to his game and his impact on it.

f

First point, fair. And I agree but I also think in today's NFL 5th year options are increasingly rare for no other reason than economics. I'm with you, I would love for Waddle to be the guy that forces the club to back the Brinks up. I just don't think its to entirely fair to set a fifth year option as a measure of success.

First point, fair. And I agree but I also think in today's NFL 5th year options are increasingly rare for no other reason than economics. I'm with you, I would love for Waddle to be the guy that forces the club to back the Brinks up. I just don't think its to entirely fair to set a fifth year option as a measure of success.

the guys don’t get 5th years get signed to extension prior or are just jags.

Miami can’t keep striking out on difference making talent. We’ve done way too much of it.

more draft picks more average player return. It’s a terrible cycle we are caught in.

Christian Wilkins ain’t changing it. Jury’s out on tua and Jackson but right now jackson at least would be a no. Igbo has done absolutely nothing but look like he lacks football iq frankly.

maybe philips breaks tbe chain of ineptitude. Let’s hope so

Back
Top Bottom