Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection

You got Flores and grier telling Peter king the draft classes of the last 3 years (this one including) are the faces of this franchise and the bulk of this roster going forward.

what exactly has shown like it’s not replaceable and easily replaceable even in that 3 years worth of classes? The first 2 years there really hasn’t been anything.

Who is your guy this year? Im not familiar. Who have your guys historically been?

I agree with you - our last few drafts have been incredibly lackluster and overall mediocre, but there are a few playmakers in there that Im a fan of and certainly see as building blocks for a deep playoff run type team.

Tua is the only one I'm just not sold on. I desperately want to be and Im holding out hope that his recovery really shows itself and his passes get that extra zip back.

Been following Miami's drafts since Shula and count me less than impressed for the most part over all those years.
Jimmy Johnsons were closest to the best drafts imo it because he drafted a ton of players each year with about half sticking.
This year's and last year's draft have probably been the best drafts other than Jimmy's.
Still do our drafts measure up to Ozie Newman and the Bolts or Chris Spielman and the Minny nope but ours are improving.
All of last year's draft class outside of Weaver saw the field. Many of our picks last year were considered reaches by draftniks but Florres got more production out of them than projected.
Bottom line we got 10 wins last year along with the 5 wins the years prior from a pretty poor roster.
So fellows we just got 2 of our best drafts ever, followed by 2 overachieving seasons in terms of wins it's time to chill let this season play out.
If we get a couple more wins than last year then any draft pick means a little less than a great draft pick and a loosing season. Sure you want both but take the wins every time.

If Waddle is injured for more than 4 games this season. It was bad trade. Unless he leads the team in receiving while he is in.

If he does not lead the team in receiving. It was bad trade and pick. Please convince me otherwise if you disagree.

No, it sounds like you've rigged the jury - LOL

Yes...for now we can hope it works out.

But a future #1 in 2 years will not be worth missing out on great players now if the ones we took end up mediocre and the ones we let go become great!

If the inverse turns out to be what happens, then the FO will be Geniuses?

None of the draftees talked about are likely to be schleps if the scouting departments are worth a *am.

I see our FO following a team specific plan that is building a solid team.

For proof I offer last years W-L record vs. the low opinion from many of these same posters of our players capability. The two aren't consistent with each other.

The only "fact" is we won 10 games and lost 6 with a team still in it's rebuilding stages.

Phooey on bogus "hope" statements and congratulations to our FO for KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE DOING, even if it leaves some fans are flabbergasted.

Last edited:
If the inverse turns out to be what happens, then the FO will be Geniuses?

None of the draftees talked about are likely to be schleps if the scouting departments are worth a *am.

I see our FO following a team specific plan that is building a solid team.

For proof I offer last years W-L record vs. the low opinion may of these same poster of our players capability. The two aren't consistent with each other.

The only "fact" is we won 10 games and lost 6 with a team still in it's rebuilding stages.

Phooey on bogus "hope" statements and congratulations to our FO for KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE DOING, even if it leaves some fans are flabbergasted.
I don’t see it the way you do, I see good and bad in the draft picks of the Grier era, of course nobody is perfect. But a GM doesn’t survive long if he makes to many mistakes in the top ten picks. Only time will tell....success is proven in the postseason, and only the postseason.

Every Dolphin fan is going to love waddle.
First thing I hope the dolphins did was make sure waddle was seen by the best doctors in the USA making sure he’s healing correctly and 100%. Preseason is going to help him get acclimated to the nfl quickly. Anyone on this site who thinks waddle sucks, your 100% wrong, you don’t know what your talking about.

“If waddle is a bust it’s still a good pick”

wtf is wrong with y’all? It’s pick 6 for gods sakes

this front office got folks right where they want em...walking planks
Hoops waddle is going to be good.

Waddle was getting tripled covered in college.

Thats about all I need to say about it.
Heading into his first game as Mizzou’s coach, Drinkwitz thought he came up with a good plan to slow down Alabama’s offense — keep the ball out of Jaylen Waddle’s hands and force DeVonta Smith to beat them.

“So, I was like, ‘Hey look guys, Jalen Waddle is what makes them go, alright? So we got to double Jalen, and let DeVonta Smith beat us,’ “Drinkwitz continued. ‘Okay? He’s kind of a nice piece out there, but man, we got to take Jaylen Waddle away.’

“Let me just tell you we were ineffective at doing both of those. But at the end of the year, I’m sitting there watching DeVonta Smith win the Heisman Trophy thinking, you know in my mind, we were gonna force the ball to that guy. That’s how much I thought of Jalen Waddle, and both of them were tremendous players. So that’s the outstanding defensive contribution I had for the season.”

Waddle still put up 134 and 2 TDs in that game. Smith had 89 yards.

Just shows how much defensive coordinators feared Waddle before he got hurt. He was so dangerous he got a team to ignore a WR as good as Smith, and they still couldn't stop him.

After using a top 5 pick on an injured QB and the wacky trades we made at pick #3, Grier has really put his reputation in the hands of Tua and Waddle. Praying they work out.

Heading into his first game as Mizzou’s coach, Drinkwitz thought he came up with a good plan to slow down Alabama’s offense — keep the ball out of Jaylen Waddle’s hands and force DeVonta Smith to beat them.

“So, I was like, ‘Hey look guys, Jalen Waddle is what makes them go, alright? So we got to double Jalen, and let DeVonta Smith beat us,’ “Drinkwitz continued. ‘Okay? He’s kind of a nice piece out there, but man, we got to take Jaylen Waddle away.’

“Let me just tell you we were ineffective at doing both of those. But at the end of the year, I’m sitting there watching DeVonta Smith win the Heisman Trophy thinking, you know in my mind, we were gonna force the ball to that guy. That’s how much I thought of Jalen Waddle, and both of them were tremendous players. So that’s the outstanding defensive contribution I had for the season.”

Waddle still put up 134 and 2 TDs in that game. Smith had 89 yards.

Just shows how much defensive coordinators feared Waddle before he got hurt. He was so dangerous he got a team to ignore a WR as good as Smith, and they still couldn't stop him.

After using a top 5 pick on an injured QB and the wacky trades we made at pick #3, Grier has really put his reputation in the hands of Tua and Waddle. Praying they work out.

This is the Bill B way i guess. The curious thing for me is, I wonder if anyone does this is reverse. I know Basketball is a lot different game than football. But the entire "shut down their best player, let everyone else beat you" reminds me so much of the 2008-09 UNC Tarheels.
Blake Griffin was all world for the Sooners, completely unstoppable. Ol' Roy said "we can go one of two ways, we can try to use everything we have to shut him down, and he's still going to get his along with everyone else. Or we can say, we are going to shut the other 4 down and let him do his thing" Let Blake do his thing, shut everyone else on the court down, and spanked that ass on the way to the National Championship.

I know football is ALOT different, i just always think about the entire thing with **** Blake, let him do whatever. and Blake had a good game, but the rest of the starters just barely outscored Blake combined

If Waddle is injured for more than 4 games this season. It was bad trade. Unless he leads the team in receiving while he is in.

If he does not lead the team in receiving. It was bad trade and pick. Please convince me otherwise if you disagree.
this is been bothering me for a while now is all going to come right out and say it… Why does your Sim look like it had a bad sex change operation?

Back
Top Bottom