Report: The Dolphins Inquired About Washington Lt Trent Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: The Dolphins Inquired About Washington Lt Trent Williams

This is a firm yes from me for a 3rd round pick or higher.

This oline is bad. Worst in the league. It is 1 Tunsil injury away from being the worst line in league history.

Good olineman are hard to find in the draft or free agency. Jump in on this and never look back.

Jesse Davis and the rooks are outnof their league

we're not in the position to make a play on a player like Trent Williams IMO. too expensive, would cost too much in compensation and we're not one Trent Williams away from making any noise.

Houston, Green Bay, maybe Cleveland are the teams that might be interested.

Hard not to want a talented OL. Easy to understand how it won't actually materialize. The deal would have to be one-sided in terms of compensation (geared towards us).

I'd do a 3, a pick of any WR not named Preston, and a conditional pick in 2020.

My 1st and (our) 2nd is certainly not on the table. So basically not going to happen.

I'd probably stand pat and wait for their OG to hit free agency next year.

Or Jack Conklin

Or Cody Whitehair.

Or like I've posted previously, all 3 of them.

We have Tunsil. Why were we looking at a LT?

If Tunsil goes down, we are screwed. Lack of quality depth on the OL has been by far the BIGGEST ISSUE on this team for almost a decade. Our winning % over the last several years when the starting OL (or majority) has played is over 75%.....including 3-0 to start last year. When the crappy depth at OL has had to play, we have looked horrible!

If Tunsil goes down, we are screwed. Lack of quality depth on the OL has been by far the BIGGEST ISSUE on this team for almost a decade. Our winning % over the last several years when the starting OL (or majority) has played is over 75%.....including 3-0 to start last year. When the crappy depth at OL has had to play, we have looked horrible!
Even if Tunsil doesn't go down, Miami is screwed.

Washington would be wise to trade Williams at this point. They will clearly commit big money to the younger Scherff next off season (if he doesn't get hurt again) and need to start planning for a team Haskins can grow with. Not sure Williams should be in their long term plans.

Doesn't mean they should give him away either.

I could see Cincy maybe making a desperate play for him with the injury to their rookie LT. They would be equally foolish (like we would be) to give up a first when they are a year away from being in the position we are right now.

Chargers make sense too.

Cleveland?

Would anyone trade rosters with Washington (or Cincy) right now?

Gotta have a RT if Tua is gonna be your guy

I could see Trent Williams go to Houston and Clowney ending up in Washington.

Washington would likely need to add a 3rd and 5th to the package but it's the only way either team gets value in a trade.

Something is up with Tunsil injury wise.

Just makes little (zero) sense with Tunsil here and waiting to get paid.

This is not the route to go. This line needs an infusion of talent from LG to RT, and you don’t get that by spending top dollar (and assets) For a guy who already replicates the one position on the line where you are good.
I want to say I remember Tunsil struggled on the right side is rookie year in camp, but I'm not 100% sure of that.Perhaps they feel Williams could make the transition with less difficulty? I would have no problem with them pursuing this if the goal was to keep them both long-term.

I am against giving up zip picks this year. Especially on the oline. This is a trash year and I dont want us mudding it up giving up high draft picks for a bandaude solution. Right now with Dieter and Prince not looking so good that tells me since Grier is the lone holdover and we are still shooting blanks on the oline he is a problem when it comes to drafting. I also want to see what Flores can with this roster not someone elses.

Back
Top Bottom