Report: The Dolphins Inquired About Washington Lt Trent Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: The Dolphins Inquired About Washington Lt Trent Williams

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_11785310.jpg

Everyone, meet the new Miami Dolphins — same as the old Miami Dolphins? We’ve heard all winter and spring about Miami’s master plan to return to relevancy and how the team is no longer going to take aim at big fish on the market. Instead, the plan is to build through the NFL Draft, allocating picks in the process, and eventually manipulating the league’s existing compensatory formula and free agency to continue to add to the team’s assets — even if they’re losing players.

Which is what makes the news from earlier this week so surprising. Jenna Laine, a Tampa Bay beat reporter for ESPN, has reported that the Miami Dolphins were among the teams to reach out to the Washington Redskins about embattled left tackle Trent Williams.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...-inquired-about-washington-lt-trent-williams/

I don't know how we could possibly out bid Houston, and I have no idea if he would actually come to Miami and play, but man oh man would this move be an excellent start to preparing for winning in 2020.

Pay him, and extend him to 2025. IMO, he has all the makings of the next Whitworth, in terms of longevity and talent.

I don't know how we could possibly out bid Houston, and I have no idea if he would actually come to Miami and play, but man oh man would this move be an excellent start to preparing for winning in 2020.

Pay him, and extend him to 2025. IMO, he has all the makings of the next Whitworth, in terms of longevity and talent.

Just makes little (zero) sense with Tunsil here and waiting to get paid.

This is not the route to go. This line needs an infusion of talent from LG to RT, and you don’t get that by spending top dollar (and assets) For a guy who already replicates the one position on the line where you are good.

no. no. NO.
hasn't played a full season in 5 years.
would require moving tunsil to RT.
would cost too much in trade and contract

this is not how you start year 1 of a full rebuild.
im fine with going out and getting OL help for this season, but this is not the type of player you target.

Miami was probably just looking at future free agents same as Clowney. Then people run with fantasies of us trading for them

Tough one! I get everyone's argument but I want the Dolphins to be able to evaluate Josh Rosen in 2019 and with our current oline I think it's not possible. But I agree this probably isn't the right solution I'm not sure what is. If they believe in Deiter/Calhoun (and I don't believe they possibly can) you have to stand pat there and let them take their lumps.

Only way I'm doing this is if he plays RT. which he wont want to do. and he will need a new contract. and im not about to give up a 1st rounder or 2nd

Back
Top Bottom