Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

Revis on the trading block. Would you?

[h=1]Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade[/h]Posted by Michael David Smith on January 23, 2013, 7:58 PM EST
350x183-1.jpg
Reuters
Jets owner Woody Johnson is reportedly interested in trading the team’s most valuable asset, cornerback Darrelle Revis.
Johnson has expressed a desire to trade Revis, Jason La Canfora of CBS reports. La Canfora attributes the report to unnamed sources with knowledge of the situation. It’s possible that Johnson floated the idea in conversations with prospective general managers during the search that ultimately led to the Jets hiring John Idzik.
Revis is owed $6 million this year, which is a good deal if Revis is healthy and back to being the NFL’s best cornerback. But it’s Johnson could be worried that Revis will struggle to regain his old form in his recovery from a torn ACL. And La Canfora also reports that Johnson thinks Revis is going to want a lot more money after the 2013 season, when he can become an unrestricted free agent, and that the Jets might be better off getting something for him now than getting nothing for him a year from now.
If the Jets are resigning themselves to the idea that it will take a full year to fix the mess that was the 2012 season, then trading Revis could be the way to begin the rebuilding.

6mil is not bad, IF he can return to his former self. I would trade for him in a heartbeat. Hard to tell what they would want for him....ESPECIALLY from us. Probably our 1st rd picks through 2020 or something stupid like that. lol. What would you give up for a corner like Revis?

I doubt they'd be open to trading him within the division. Moderate risk, very high reward, I say yes. Would love to have a good corner who mauls WRs and never gets called for pass interference

jake long here? love the double standard. Didnt he get hurt late two years ago? lol

Nope, gets paid far too much and they wouldnt trade him to us anyway.

they just might be dumb enough to trade him to us... you can have the #12 pick

Yes....without question. No reason he shouldn't come back and play at an extremely high level. Its no secret that after his injury is when the Jets defense(team) started to fall. You can do so much with a DB of Revis's talent.

They would never trade him to us, and I'm not sure I would want to give up what would be required after an ACL tear.

Re: Revis on the trading block. Would you?

Give up this years 1st and next years. One half of the field shut down. Reshad Jones getting better too. Do it Ireland!!!!

Follow me on Twitter @vlatifi

No way they will trade an in his prime Revis (even coming off of an ACL tear) within the division. Just be happy he's going to be gone

not interested...they would want too much

Considering Rex was retarded enough to call Revis the best corner in the history of the game publicly DURING contract negotiations with him, I wouldn't discount the level of stupidity it would take the Jets to trade him within the division. That said, if it was true, I say yes. Everyone wants Dee Millner at 12, despite the fact that he won't last that long. Why not just ship that pick and take a bonafide All-Pro corner away from a division rival? That contract is problematic though...

Back
Top Bottom