Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

Revis on the trading block. Would you?

The Jets are stupid, but even they aren't stupid enough to trade a player like Revis in the division. Never happen, not even worth discussing.

Certainly not . . . he is the closest thing to "shut down" in the league as you will see. He can blanket your team's best WR and he isn't scared to get up there and make a tackle. Make no mistake, he would instantly be the best player on our team if we brought him here.

No he's not, there isn't a DB in the NFL right now that is shut down anything. Basically, I wouldn't put the type of investment required to get a Revis. That's why he's over rated, they all are, basically.

The Jets may not be the most wisely guided franchise in the league, but your "offer they can't refuse" proposal seems like something I'd want no involvement in. One player is not going to fix the team (Brandon Marshall?) and the Jets surely would not let us get away with murder. They'd force two 1st rounders + out of us most likely and we cannot afford that.

We very much so can afford it, let me ask you this would you give up Jared Odrick and Mike Pouncey for Revis? Two former first round picks of ours might I add, I'm pretty sure I know what your answer would be. Also we have so much ammunition in this years draft that it can cushion the blow of giving up 2 first rounders, and Revis is whole another caliber player as opposed to Marshall. Brandon depended on a quarterback for his success, Revis alters the scoreboard no matter what.

I know that we would NEVER be called for pass interference ever lol

We very much so can afford it, let me ask you this would you give up Jared Odrick and Mike Pouncey for Revis? Two former first round picks of ours might I add, I'm pretty sure I know what your answer would be. Also we have so much ammunition in this years draft that it can cushion the blow of giving up 2 first rounders, and Revis is whole another caliber player as opposed to Marshall. Brandon depended on a quarterback for his success, Revis alters the scoreboard no matter what.

You are comparing our PAST draft picks to what lies in the future? Have you not seen the stats regarding 1st round picks, compared to 2nd and 3rds? Odrick and Pouncey have nothing to do with our future 1st rounders, that is completely irrelevant. So basically you would sacrifice two positions of need for one, and hope that a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders would instantly replace an All-Pro caliber center like Pouncey? You're in a pipe dream pal, there is no way this guy is signing with Miami.

No way. Not with Manning's contract.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Off topic but its much more of a pain in the ass to read "Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone." everytime than a few spelling mistakes

You are comparing our PAST draft picks to what lies in the future? Have you not seen the stats regarding 1st round picks, compared to 2nd and 3rds? Odrick and Pouncey have nothing to do with our future 1st rounders, that is completely irrelevant. So basically you would sacrifice to positions of need for one, and hope that a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders would instantly replace an All-Pro caliber center like Pouncey? You're in a pipe dream pal, there is no way this guy is signing with Miami.
I was simply using it as an example of the type of talent we're trading away, fact of the matter is Revis is one of those players that emerges in the draft about once every ten years. Based on our spotty draft picks, what are the chances we hit on a player who even comes close to holding Revis' jock? And last time I remembered our pass defense was near the bottom of the league, so yes I'm certain Corner is our BIGGEST need. Btw I'm not arguing that we are getting Revis, I'm saying there's a possibility and that we should definitely pursue that opportunity because it's simple with Revis we = Top 5 defense, and boosts our win totals by 3 games not to mention Revis still has a lot of years left in him.

I was simply using it as an example of the type of talent we're trading away, fact of the matter is Revis is one of those players that emerges in the draft about once every ten years. Based on our spotty draft picks, what are the chances we hit on a player who even comes close to holding Revis' jock? And last time I remembered our pass defense was near the bottom of the league, so yes I'm certain Corner is our BIGGEST need. Btw I'm not arguing that we are getting Revis, I'm saying there's a possibility and that we should definitely pursue that opportunity because it's simple with Revis we = Top 5 defense, and boosts our win totals by 3 games not to mention Revis still has a lot of years left in him.

There is no doubt he is an incredible player, however stating that he would boost our win % by 3 games is a tad ridiculous. You say CB is our biggest need? Well we were ranked a top 3 legitimate red zone defense throughout the season, can you find me ANY category where the offense even ranked middle of the pack in? The offense as a whole is, and has been this team's biggest need for the past several years. **** needs to change, and forfeiting offensive playmakers for a DB is not the way to repair it. We can get a pass rusher in the 1st round this year if Ireland is looking for WRs later, and that alone would ease up the pressure n the secondary. It all starts up front on the defense.

No. I think Revis is the top corner (when healthy) in the game, but he becomes a unrestricted FA after this yr and no way I'm giving him a new contract without seeing how he comes back from
his injury. The Dolphins don't need to be doing the jets any favors and giving up multiple draft picks for revis. PASS

There is no doubt he is an incredible player, however stating that he would boost our win % by 3 games is a tad ridiculous. You say CB is our biggest need? Well we were ranked a top 3 legitimate red zone defense throughout the season, can you find me ANY category where the offense even ranked middle of the pack in? The offense as a whole is, and has been this team's biggest need for the past several years. **** needs to change, and forfeiting offensive playmakers for a DB is not the way to repair it. We can get a pass rusher in the 1st round this year if Ireland is looking for WRs later, and that alone would ease up the pressure n the secondary. It all starts up front on the defense.
The argument you're giving me really makes my head scratch.... So when you're backed into a corner you throw our red zone % numbers at me even though they are no accurate measure of our pass defense as a whole? Hmm how about we use the actual ranking to rate a pass defense and thats the pass defense stat which again is in the bottom third of the league, and what offensive playmaker are we giving up? We'd be trading draft picks if anything, and the addition of Revis will ultimately suffocate opposing defenses. Think about it teams already can't run on us, now imagine if they can't pass on us? That's an instant 3 win boost man, it'd be ridiculous not to assume so just look at how bad the Jets fell after he went down although I do acknowledge the other factors that made the Jets suck but Revis going down was the BIGGEST one.

Jets would trade Revis to Miami if Miami was stupid enough to overpay for him and I mean like a 1st 2nd and 3rd for him or something like that. Trades between division rivals are rare. They only happened when 1: The player is washed up and the team trading him knows he's done (Eagles trading McNabb to Washington). 2: There's some kind of poison pill involved (Miami trading Welker to New England. Or 3: One team makes the price about 2 times more than what he's worth when trading him to a divisional rival. In this case I would say Revis coming off a serious injury is still worth maybe a 2nd and a 3rd or even 2 2nds and a 3rd. Jets would probably want a deal similar to what Washington gave St. Louis for RG3 if Miami wants Revis from them. So basically it's not happening.

I don't see how anybody could watch our corner backs play and come away thinking they're anything but below average. As for your red zone stat we were 27th in the league on offense in the red zone, does that mean we were always up against great corners or does it speak more to us having a bad offense.

Back
Top Bottom