Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

The pressure is on not to **** this draft up, otherwise the lowballing of Poe and Brown could be a huge pile of **** lingering within the defense.

I can tell you what it did do. You can't miss on your 1st or 2nd round picks because they better be defensive starters from day 1.

What did we offer him? $1 mill a year? but we gave a much older players 12 mill for two years all guaranteed?

Ozzy rules!!

While I sure hope we knock it out of the park in this years draft nothing we did last year with higher choices and really more picks gives me much confidence that's going to happen this year. Sure I believe we will have a stronger roster but the onus to achieve and improve will be on Gases shoulders. IMO

It says "worth a minimum" I guess there's going to be some sweet incentives. That must be the difference

Hmmm....give Timmons 12M over 2 with 90% guaranteed ... or Zach Brown on a 1 year deal for 5 mil...

Boy that's a tough one.... :err:

Hmmm....give Timmons 12M over 2 with 90% guaranteed ... or Zach Brown on a 1 year deal for 5 mil...

I mean one guy has performed and played well his entire career and filled a position of need. he will also be a placeholder for a new guy and bring veteran leadership.

The other guy had one "good" season where his effort was highly questioned at the end of the year. Clearly trying to cash in and did not fill a position of need. Doesn't really bring anything to the table except speed.

Yeah that was a tough one

Thank God we avoided this guy. Time to close this thread for good.

Weren't we reportedly offering him 5m/yr? I'm assuming it was significantly lower than that if he signed for the Redskins for a MAXIMUM of 4.65.

So now more pressure on the draft, where it is now practically impossible to fill all of our gaps. Fingers crossed I guess?

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

It says "worth a minimum" I guess there's going to be some sweet incentives. That must be the difference

Worth a MAXIMUM of 4.65

A flash in the pan or a proven player, who is getting older. Hmmm

I love how some of you guys are pissed we didnt sign this guy....while I think he would be a good addition to a team needing a 4-3 Will or 3-4 ILB, he woulda been brought in to compete with Timmons or Kiko cause this guy is not a Sam, which is really where we need another player...Brown was a very good Will in college and had a pretty good run in Tenn but we dont need a Will! rather save that few million and worry about the draft

So we basically could have signed him for an additional 500k over what we would have saved from cutting Misi? But instead thought the better option was to keep Misi? Sure...that makes sense.

About as much as playing Brown as the SLB and signing Timmons I guess. :confused:

odd personnel handling but I guess it's better than signing brown to play a totally miscast strong

So we basically could have signed him for an additional 500k over what we would have saved from cutting Misi? But instead thought the better option was to keep Misi? Sure...that makes sense.

About as much as playing Brown as the SLB and signing Timmons I guess. :confused:

Health is always the biggest issue with Misi, but when he's on the field he's a damn good LB. I'm currently rewatching all the games and he was very solid vs Seattle. Again, must stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom