Reports ‘hard to believe,’ Ricky Williams' mother says | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reports ‘hard to believe,’ Ricky Williams' mother says

rhadaddy said:
Last time I checked Kobe is only guilty of adultery. I wouldn't exactly call that illegal, immoral yes, illegal no.

In Ricky's defense, of course a mother will protect her son and why not, but if you all read the entire article, it does sound like they have a case against the flawed drug testing system.

Hey it's been proven if you eat a couple of poppyseed bagels before a drug test you will come up positive for opium, or if you're an athlete and just played a game or ran a race, and take an aids test you will have a low t-cell count and test positive for HIV. Not to mention the human error factor. Considering that a sample sits for a week in a lab, greatly increase his chance for a skewed test.

But I guess we're all guilty until proven innocent. :shakeno:

Yeah and the last time I checked Ricky is not guility of ANYTHING. Just like Kobey, nothing has yet been proven. With the evidence with both cases being weighed I would have to say Ricky has a MUCH better case of being 100% innocent than does Bryant.

At what point

Disnardo said:
I believe this discussion is beyond this thread's speculation...

Kobey is guilty of adultery, which he stated, he had consentual sex, BUT, he is being charged with RAPE, which is still ILLEGAL in this country, and can face jail time if found guilty...

In my post did you figure that I was saying that Kobe is Is innocent of Rape. Rape is a serious thing and me being a father of a three year old girl, has no tolerance for rape at all.

I was trying to make a point, which you must've missed, which is Kobe is guilty of aldultery because he amitted having sex with that girl, however he isn't guilty of rape until a court of law finds him guilty, hence Ricky's in a similar situation, though it has no jail time involved, He's accused of something, the media has already called him guilty, and he hasn't had the chance to defend himself before a panel/court or whatever.

So my point is for the a last time, until he's proven guilty, then he's innocent. We can assume all we like and speculate all we like, but he's yet to face a panel so it's unfair for ust to say wheather he's guilty or innocent until his case is decided.

Aye. The media has a tendency to be self-serving, moreso than many would like to believe, but just look at how they word their statement:

[Palm Beach Post] "Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams faces a $650,000 fine after violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, sources told The Palm Beach Post.

Ta' hell with the media I say. Let the guy have his day in court so they can STFU!

That's the point I was trying to make

NCFINFAN38 said:
Yeah and the last time I checked Ricky is not guility of ANYTHING. Just like Kobey, nothing has yet been proven. With the evidence with both cases being weighed I would have to say Ricky has a MUCH better case of being 100% innocent than does Bryant.

Both of them are innocent, until they are proven guilty. The last line of my post was meant to betongue in cheek. Cause once the media whiffs a scandal, the person is always guilty until proven innocent.

BTW, considering that girls sexual past, I doubt Kobe get's convicted, he actually has a better chance in Eagle Rock with an all white jury, becuase of that girls shotty past and questionable immediate sexual history. unfortunately a few very dear people I know have been raped and I can tell you that they wouldn't be having sex the next day, most of the time it takes months even years for them to become comfortable with their bodies again. That fact alone makes her case very questionable, whether he did it or not, Which I do not know, that's enough evidence for reasonable doubt.

Ricky on the other hand is challenging the system itself. He has a very difficult fight. From what I'm gathering, this is the protocol that these labs follow when taking urine samples. He has to prove that their system is flawed, thus setting a precedent for change in the NFL and possibly raising the question of other NFL players who were tested and failed in the past. Where they victims of this shotty system? Ricky and his lawyers will have a tough time because the NFL may not want to open up a can of worms and that's essentially what may happen if he wins.

His mom probably thinks he still believes in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy...
Face it, he took two tests, one met the minimum standard for substance abuse, the other was one notch short. His lawyers might win, but just on technicalities. He smoked up, it seems pretty clear -
I don't think this will be a serious distraction, though, lots of players use marijuana so no one will be shocked by it. Hopefully he takes this seriously enough that he stays clean for long enough that he does not serve a four game suspension for testing positive the next time

Do any of our chemists/lawyers/law enforcement folk out there know what a reading would typically be for passive inhalation of transient smoke, say at a party?

Can we win a SB said:
Also says that his two scores were 14 and 15.. meaning there problably was soomething wrong with the first test, that made 15..i believe ricky will win this appeal, and then after they find out that there drug testing policy will be different.. and if found guilty no big deal, im sure he will put this behind him and just concentrate on the season.. anyways why did this just happen now, if he got tested december 2003??
Maybe there was something wrong with the 2nd one that showed 14. Regardless of the amounts, both tests showed the presence of marijuana. Ricky should pay the fine and apologize the the Phins and the fans....especially the kids that idolize him.

Back
Top Bottom