Reshad Jones Had Another Surgery? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reshad Jones Had Another Surgery?

I am ambivalent on Reshad Jones. If they want to keep him, okay. When the team is ready to compete in 2-3 years, he will be near or at the end of his contract. It's not like his presence is holding back a developing player.

But, hey, if they can get a pick for him? Okay.

The guy played hurt for a 7-9 football team. He made a mistake one game and paid for it. But for the most part, yall shitting on Reshad Jones over this is a joke. Guy has been an high level safety for us for a while, and has always fought and played through multiple injuries for this team.

Ultimately, I can't see a new coach wanting to invest in a 31 year old SS with injury issues. Especially if we're tanking next year, and he'll be 32 before the coach plays a game he really wants to start winning. With TJ McDonald, its easy to move on from Reshad Jones, because you have a ready made replacement, even if he's not as good. But, I think the contracts of Reshad Jones and TJ McDonald are both pretty big investments. Not sure what the cap hits would be, but its going to hurt if we move on from either of them, and I don't really think we can move on from both of them because of the cap hits. Love to have @KDAWG or someone with a good handle on our cap situation drop some knowledge here.

Settling for Reshad Jones types and Ryan Tannehill types in a passing league is what led to this incomparably boring era

Wrong, not acquiring enough quality football players like Reshad Jones and Ryan Tannehill, along with the coaching/management hand picked by Stephen Ross is what's lead to this lame era.

Last edited:
I still can't believe they gave this guy that contract. Not a horrible player but not as great as some people like to think plus he's always hurt. I'd rather keep TJM and get rid of him but it's almost impossible that's to that contract.

I still can't believe they gave this guy that contract. Not a horrible player but not as great as some people like to think plus he's always hurt. I'd rather keep TJM and get rid of him but it's almost impossible that's to that contract.

If next year is a rebuilding year, they may just eat all the dead cap then. Tj/Fitz is the better tandem

The guy played hurt for a 7-9 football team. He made a mistake one game and paid for it. But for the most part, yall ****ting on Reshad Jones over this is a joke. Guy has been an high level safety for us for a while, and has always fought and played through multiple injuries for this team.

Nobody is shittng on Reshad . . . He needed surgery and it was successful.

People wanting to cut bait are more than justified tho.

And that one mistake was him essentially quitting on the team.

High level safety, yet we are above .500 when he doesn’t play over the years (and his record is well below .500 when he plays). 31, both labrums shot, one dimensional . . . .yea his ass needs to play hurt . . . .we broke bread early twice for this dude and he held out twice despite having a year or 2 left on his deals.

Not gonna kiss his ass . . . we have scratched his back pretty well over the years. Dude is overpaid and just thinking about Tannenbaum restructuring his deal last year is giving me hives.

Back
Top Bottom