Reshad Jones Not At Ota’s, Posts On Ig | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reshad Jones Not At Ota’s, Posts On Ig

FinPhan54

Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score
I’m on my phone, but saw a post on Reshad‘s Instagram story that showed him working out somewhere that is not the team facility.

Thoughts on this? In my mind it’s a terrible look for a guy who should be a leader of this team. Yet again, he shows that his loyalty lies to him and himself only.

More important for him is to get his shoulder at 100 percent. He still talks with the staff and is learning the playbook, but trying to specifically get his shoulders ready for the seasonext is more important at this time. He's a proven commodity, by the end of training camp he'll know his place in the defense.

I’m on my phone, but saw a post on Reshad‘s Instagram story that showed him working out somewhere that is not the team facility.

Thoughts on this? In my mind it’s a terrible look for a guy who should be a leader of this team. Yet again, he shows that his loyalty lies to him and himself only.
Generally, I don't have a big problem with proven veterans doing their own thing, if their homes, and families aren't local.

In this case, though, with a new staff, and a completely new system, I would prefer he were here.

Prior to last season, I never considered him a selfish player, but he did quit on his team mates.

I can understand his frustration with Burke, but you don't do that to you "brothers" in the middle of a game.

Call Burke a dumba$$ in the press conference afterword? Not my preference either, but I could accept that.

He probably has one more payday coming in his career, and realizes it won't be here.

Horrible deal all around with this guy. Getting paid way more than he should be, specially with all the games he's missed in his career and now the attitude too.

More important for him is to get his shoulder at 100 percent. He still talks with the staff and is learning the playbook, but trying to specifically get his shoulders ready for the seasonext is more important at this time. He's a proven commodity, by the end of training camp he'll know his place in the defense.
Do you have first hand knowledge of this, or is it an assumption?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, at all. Just asking for some clarification. If he is in regular contact, it may change my opinion of the situation.

Do you have first hand knowledge of this, or is it an assumption?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, at all. Just asking for some clarification. If he is in regular contact, it may change my opinion of the situation.
Flores has touched on jones before

Jones should have been gone after the 2015 season when he disrespected the interim defensive coordinator.

Non-news item...happens all the time, some guys for whatever reason don't work out with the rest of the team. As long as he's ready when it's game time.

Should have never got an early extension coming off an injury and after the team went 1-6 with him on the field and 9-1 without him... Not sure if that extension or Suh's extension was worse... Tannebaum has a laundry list of horrible contracts. Christ.

Who cares...he won’t play assignment football anyways and will be out of position regardless if he is at OTAs or not.

One more year of him...one more year.
If we can find a competent corner, opposite X, that will free up Minkah, and I can see Jones being the odd man out.

How do you think he would handle that?

Might be another "eat the $, and trade him for a pick" scenario.

Back
Top Bottom