Reshad Jones Not At Ota’s, Posts On Ig | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reshad Jones Not At Ota’s, Posts On Ig

Suh is and was a premadona on and off the field. Once you aquire players like those the disease spreads to other players regardless of their talent level and personality.
So you're comparing a guy who routinely didn't show up for OTA's (including Detroit) to a guy who quit on his team during a game? Suh may have done his own thing in the off-season, and management was fine with it, but when it came time to play, he was there and gave it his all. He's never been accused of quitting on the team for his own selfish reasons.

That contract is terrible, but he's been one of the few exciting players on this team in recent years.

Guys....if we were actually expecting a decent yr. I could see the potential fall out with Jones. Yea, he quit on the team but this D is still gonna go thru the secondary regardless. We need him, regardless how you feel personally.

We should have voided his contract last year, when refused to enter the game.

Never liked this guy, a safety of a bygone era whom just isn't worth the trouble,

Flo said today in an interview that Reshad will not be there during OTA's. They've spoken, he won't give out the specifics of the conversation, and Reshad will be there for mandatory camp

So you're comparing a guy who routinely didn't show up for OTA's (including Detroit) to a guy who quit on his team during a game? Suh may have done his own thing in the off-season, and management was fine with it, but when it came time to play, he was there and gave it his all. He's never been accused of quitting on the team for his own selfish reasons.
I sure am. Practicing on your own inS case is putting yourself above your team and is selfish. Suh is smart and talented but it's all about Suh to that's why he is known as a dirty player. Jones made a bad decision sure in the heat of the moment. A coach benched him probably to show who was in charge and teach him a lesson. Then when the coach needed him to play Jones decided to teach the coach. Your dealing with a emotional sport with a emotional players who has basically blown out both his shoulders playing for a loosing franchise in a loosing cause. So Jones has showed up routinely over the years and played hard. Let's face it out defensive coaching staff was very very poor under Gase so keep that in mind.

I sure am. Practicing on your own inS case is putting yourself above your team and is selfish. Suh is smart and talented but it's all about Suh to that's why he is known as a dirty player. Jones made a bad decision sure in the heat of the moment. A coach benched him probably to show who was in charge and teach him a lesson. Then when the coach needed him to play Jones decided to teach the coach. Your dealing with a emotional sport with a emotional players who has basically blown out both his shoulders playing for a loosing franchise in a loosing cause. So Jones has showed up routinely over the years and played hard. Let's face it out defensive coaching staff was very very poor under Gase so keep that in mind.
Suh is known as a dirty player because he is, no other reason. If the coaches had an issue with him working out on his own, I'm sure they would have addressed it, they didn't. Why not? Because he shows up to play. If you undermined your boss in the real world (by trying to teach him a lesson), you'd be fired, unfortunately, because of his silly contract, that isn't a possibility and he knew it. I'll give you the coaches were incompetent, that goes without saying, but that still doesn't justify his actions. I liked him too up until the point he put himself above the team, and as a matter of fact, he was one of my favorite players. It wasn't fair to the other players or fans. You have a problem with the coach, be a man and address it in the locker room, not on the field.

Suh is known as a dirty player because he is, no other reason. If the coaches had an issue with him working out on his own, I'm sure they would have addressed it, they didn't. Why not? Because he shows up to play. If you undermined your boss in the real world (by trying to teach him a lesson), you'd be fired, unfortunately, because of his silly contract, that isn't a possibility and he knew it. I'll give you the coaches were incompetent, that goes without saying, but that still doesn't justify his actions. I liked him too up until the point he put himself above the team, and as a matter of fact, he was one of my favorite players. It wasn't fair to the other players or fans. You have a problem with the coach, be a man and address it in the locker room, not on the field.
You insist on practicing on your own your not a team player. The coaches approval is just rubber stamping a behavior that is not conducive to the success of the team.

You insist on practicing on your own your not a team player. The coaches approval is just rubber stamping a behavior that is not conducive to the success of the team.
Dude, we're talking OTA's here, not full-blown contact practices. He was working out on his own, not practicing on his own, big difference. Technically OTA's are Voluntary, and teams are not allowed to penalize players for not attending. The OTA's are more for the rookies, and veterans who are new to the team. This is intended to give the new players a chance to learn the basics of the team's system and playbook before full training camp opens. In an environment where teams have basically full authority to determine who gets to be on the team and who doesn't, the majority of players "volunteer" to attend, the notable exceptions generally being players who are working through Free Agency, attempting to renegotiate their contract or are well-established veterans.
The first two weeks of the OTA window are just strength and conditioning. Weight room and running and that's about it. Suh had his own personal trainer with whom he worked out with so I doubt he was really missing much. He always showed up to camp ready to play.
Teams are allowed to do football things, but not offense vs defense. The offense can walk through the playbook and work on routes and the like, but they can't line up against the defense (linemen can engage against blocking sleds).
Teams are also allowed to schedule up to 10 days of full non-contact practice (no pads). Offense and Defense are allowed to line up against each other, but tackling and "full speed" blocking are not allowed. Offensive and defensive linemen can "engage" each other, but only at low speed and intensity. Defensive backs and receivers can run routes and defend, but no physical interruption of the route nor hits are allowed.
It was NOT training camp he was missing, he was missing a voluntary off-season program, it's called voluntary for a reason. Right or wrong, this is common practice around the NFL. Many teams would rather their star players sit out anyway, minimizing the chances of suffering an injury. He was a seasoned veteran, he didn't miss anything by not pushing a sled around and the new players who were trying to make the team could give two sh*ts if Suh was there or not.

i use to love jones until he quit on his team last year. say what you want about the coaches, but you DO NOT quit on your guys. the guys in the locker room are #1 and he quit on them. trade him and get what you can. very sad

He played in the last 6 games of the season. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneRe99/gamelog/2018/

I don't say this lightly, but Burke was an unqualified, overmatched jackass that had a propensity for calling out his players in the media. Gase defended Jones in his press conference following the confrontation between Jones and Burke. Read the tea leaves.

He played in the last 6 games of the season. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneRe99/gamelog/2018/

I don't say this lightly, but Burke was an unqualified, overmatched jackass that had a propensity for calling out his players in the media. Gase defended Jones in his press conference following the confrontation between Jones and Burke. Read the tea leaves.
it doesn't matter, he quit on the team. the guys in the locker room are more important than some retard coach. burke had it coming and he got axed. don't be a brat and quit. hell he free lanced the majority of the time any way. he took him self out of a game bc he didn't like what the coach? get over it. it was selfish. biggest part I saw was the d played better without him that game. have you played before? the guys around you are most important. be a professional and do your job.

Back
Top Bottom