Reshad Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or did he just have a terrible game?

He took bad angles the entire night, he was slipping, he was out of position and the one chance to show his ball skills he didn't pick the ball and take it 100 yards.

Truthfully, I'm not going to rewatch that game last night so I'll let others weigh in on it but man we seemed much steadier with Clemmons in the backfield. I've been an advocate of keeping Chris in there so maybe its just my biast opinion . . . honestly, how did Jones look back there?

Who on the defense had a GOOD game?

I agree, the entire defense for the most part didn't play well . . . but on some of those passes it seems Jones was just plain out of position. We need better from our starting FS. He can't make up ground like Clemmons, so you combine that with being out of place, that is a recipe for disaster.

I rewatched the game 15 minutes ago. Wow.

It was worse than I imagined, if thats even possible.

I can't pin anything on him when the entire defense was out of place all game.

I rewatched the game 15 minutes ago. Wow.

It was worse than I imagined, if thats even possible.

Yea I kind of figured that . . . I didn't wanna say he was the biggest liability on defense last night because I know some people wouldn't understand that . . . but between the bad angles and the amount of times he was out of position . . . it was too many for me to count to be honest with you. I just started looking elsewhere.

Jones was awful..He was late coming over the top. Missed tackles..Awful..Put Clemons back in there..

IIRC were we not in cover 1 on the play where Welker scored the 99 yard TD? Reshad was the one deep safety and instead of playing the deepest man (Welker) he came up and played the short route when Brady saw him rotate to the short route he went up top to Welker, who is slow and still Bennie Sapp couldn't catch him.

All-in-all Reshad Jones played very bad but so did the whole defense. You give up 517 yards on 48 pass attempts, 106 yards on 22 rushing attempts you flat out suck.

Seems like Reshad should be replacing Bell sooner than later at SS. Reshad plays the run well, he doesn't have it to be a FS, atleast not yet. Bells seems washed up a bit. I know he is a team captain, but he definitely isn't as solid as he used to be. I still think Clemmons/Jones is the way to go.

Seems like Reshad should be replacing Bell sooner than later at SS. Reshad plays the run well, he doesn't have it to be a FS, atleast not yet. Bells seems washed up a bit. I know he is a team captain, but he definitely isn't as solid as he used to be. I still think Clemmons/Jones is the way to go.

Before the game I would have agreed with you. Now, I'd rather put Dansby or Burnett at SS than let Jones start any position in our secondary til he gets another offseason of work. He was that bad last night.

I just remember watching the game when the Pats were driving and guys in the secondary looking at one another not knowing what they were supposed to be doing. That's all on Jones. Sparano said that he needed to see the mental part of it from Jones... Well there was none of it in the second half of last night. I was optimistic that Jones could make a few plays for us and still be solid in coverage and making calls. Now I just want Clemons back there again...

[video=youtube;66Re5-d64Nw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Re5-d64Nw[/video]

WTF was Jones doing here?

FF to 1:20

Actually the most noticeable thing about Reshad Jones last night watching it back was his poor run support - way too slow to diagnose the play. Pass coverage at free safety against Brady with zero pass rush is mission impossible so I'm prepared to give him a chance but he needs to improve vs the run, and fast

Back
Top Bottom