Reshad Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reshad Jones

I love it when are young draftee's develop with time, and start balling. Quieting all the doubters. It seems sometimes nobody has the vision and the forward thinking on the time it takes for players to develop. If they don't perform right out the gate they get killed. I guess it comes with the territory.

Looks like this
Base SalaryS. BonusMisc. BonusCap Hit
2010 320,000 40,075 - 360,075
2011 405,000 40,075 - 445,075
2012 540,000 40,075 - 580,075
2013 575,000 40,075 - 615,075

Exactly there was posters and fans that were upset that Bell was gone..He was a leader on this team but I knew we could replace him. Jones is a younger version of him he is better in coverage.

I was one of those poster and my concerns where valid. We had two unproven safeties in Jones and Clemons after we cut Bell. At least with Bell you had a "known" entity. Jones development at SS is great and well timed because without it the Miami secondary would be ****ed right now.

It doesn't change the fact that Miami still after 5 years needs a safety. Clemons has to go, we need a play-maker at FS and that will help from top to bottom in the passing game.

I was one of those poster and my concerns where valid. We had two unproven safeties in Jones and Clemons after we cut Bell. At least with Bell you had a "known" entity. Jones development at SS is great and well timed because without it the Miami secondary would be ****ed right now.

It doesn't change the fact that Miami still after 5 years needs a safety. Clemons has to go, we need a play-maker at FS and that will help from top to bottom in the passing game.

Well in this system the Safties are almost interchangable...Clemons is making plays too and remember he is pretty young..All Bell did was rack up tackles 10 yards down the field..and maybe get 1 or 2 sacks a year...He never made game changing plays. Jones is already doing that.

This guy us a gamer. He is signed through 2014 so he still has another year under his belt.

I agree with the FS criticism. They say that playing CB is being 'on an island'. The island for our CBs is like the size of Australia. Even worse, our communication in double coverage is terrible. On that play that AZ tied the game on last week, both Smith and Clemons were on the inside of the receiver and he went outside and caught the TD. Someone had to be on the outside there! That's the kind of mistake we can't afford to make.

I just re-watched yesterday's game and wow did Reshad Jones have a nice game. He made some great hits. :brewskis:

we can wait on extending reshad jones...but if he keeps it up he'll get locked up before his rookie contract expires...but we got bigger fish to fry this offseason...unless he's willing to take a really team friendly deal which i doubt at this stage

in oakland game he was all over the place. He was all over making plays in the flat, deep, and at LOS. Same as yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom