Reshad Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reshad Jones

One of the worse contracts ever given away to any player in the NFL. I'd take an 8th round pick for him just to get rid of his contract.

Why? You do realize we have to pay someone right? We have 118 million next year with his bloated contract. I’m okay with a guy like Jones that carried the defense on his back a few years making more money than he’s worth right now. What else are we gonna do with the money? You can only carry 10 million over if not it’s wasted.

Why? You do realize we have to pay someone right? We have 118 million next year with his bloated contract. I’m okay with a guy like Jones that carried the defense on his back a few years making more money than he’s worth right now. What else are we gonna do with the money? You can only carry 10 million over if not it’s wasted.
First of all, your statement about only being able to roll over 10 mil is not true, whatsoever. Do some research.

Second of all, while I think RJ was a good player at one point, he has been overplayed for at least 3 yrs, so any loyalty bonus has already been payed.

Third of all, whatever cap space we have needs to be managed properly. We have way too many needs to carry bad contracts. That's part of the reason we are in this mess.

One of the best safeties in the league, surprised nobody has called asking for him. I could see Jones gone soon. Thoughts?
The post should say "Was" one of the best safeties in the league, "not" surprised no one has called asking for him. "He will be gone next year."

Honestly, his cap hit is like $17 million. I think they'll save $5 million by cutting him after the season with a $10 million dead cap. He's unfortunately unmoveable.

I could see Jones live out his contract with us. It is not only the contract another team has to take over but also the dead cap numbers for us.
Releasing him next year before 6/1 might save us 5 Mill but we are still on the hook for 10 Mill dead cap.
Releasing him post 6/1 next year might save us 9 Mill but we are still on the hook for 10 Mill (split over 2 years)
Trading him before 6/1 next year saves us 7 Mill but we are still on the hook for 8 Mill
Trading him after 6/1 next year saves us some 10 Mill but we are still on the hook for 9 Mill (split over two years)

If we trade him now we save 13 Mill but we are still on the hook for 12 Mill (split over 2 years).

Jones has that Tannebaum special: untradeable and unreleasable. 2021 would be a better year when the dead cap/savings ratio turns into our favor. In any of the scenarios we would save 10 Mill and are "only" on the hook for 4 Mill.

The only way I see him being moved if with any and all possible signings, resignings and possible FA acquisitions next year we have enough play money left over where the FO says "we do not get much value (play vs contract) back" and they just bite the bullet.

Carry our defense? To what?......one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Everyone knows that was a horrible contract and then on top of it they made it worse when they decided to restructured his deal. The guy is never healthy and the only reason he's still here is the dead money hit we'd take.

Yes we do have to use the money and I'm sure we will this coming off season in free agency. That doesn't mean to give out bad contracts.

Reshad is a fun player to watch and has been one of the best Dolphins this past decade, I'm glad they gave him that unmovable contract lol.

I could see Jones live out his contract with us. It is not only the contract another team has to take over but also the dead cap numbers for us.
Releasing him next year before 6/1 might save us 5 Mill but we are still on the hook for 10 Mill dead cap.
Releasing him post 6/1 next year might save us 9 Mill but we are still on the hook for 10 Mill (split over 2 years)
Trading him before 6/1 next year saves us 7 Mill but we are still on the hook for 8 Mill
Trading him after 6/1 next year saves us some 10 Mill but we are still on the hook for 9 Mill (split over two years)

If we trade him now we save 13 Mill but we are still on the hook for 12 Mill (split over 2 years).

Jones has that Tannebaum special: untradeable and unreleasable. 2021 would be a better year when the dead cap/savings ratio turns into our favor. In any of the scenarios we would save 10 Mill and are "only" on the hook for 4 Mill.

The only way I see him being moved if with any and all possible signings, resignings and possible FA acquisitions next year we have enough play money left over where the FO says "we do not get much value (play vs contract) back" and they just bite the bullet.

I would rather just take the full cap hit next year. I doubt we spend all the free cap money, I suspect the FO isn't so foolish as to try to sign the next SUH contract.

I'm hoping to look for solid pick ups, not superstars and build a well rounded core through the draft and FA.

I hope....sigh.

Back
Top Bottom