Reshad Jones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reshad Jones

Throw S on the pile of positions we're going to have to upgrade in the offseason. It's easier to list the positions we can stand pat at - CB1 - anything else?

I'm glad he's still on the team if we can get him on the field. He's one of the top Dolphins of this era (not saying much I know) and had a longer tenure than almost any Dolphin I can think of in the 21st century. I'd like to enjoy seeing him make a couple more splash plays.
His 2015 season was the best in the NFL that year.

Throw S on the pile of positions we're going to have to upgrade in the offseason. It's easier to list the positions we can stand pat at - CB1 - anything else?

That's about it.

Unreal contract this guy has. The team effectively cannot do anyting except to pay him while he milks it this season.

Unreal contract this guy has. The team effectively cannot do anyting except to pay him while he milks it this season.

Exactly. If I figured it right, the team will save a total of 22M over 2020-2021 by cutting Jones after this season is over. He's now 31 & can't stay on the field. He's not worth 22M over 2 years, let alone the dead money that will go along with him being released.

I'm hoping if he does come back & plays, that the coaches will yank him in & out of the lineup so many times that he'll quit on the team a 2nd time & they'll be able to get rid of him for good & void any guaranteed money.

Exactly. If I figured it right, the team will save a total of 22M over 2020-2021 by cutting Jones after this season is over. He's now 31 & can't stay on the field. He's not worth 22M over 2 years, let alone the dead money that will go along with him being released.

I'm hoping if he does come back & plays, that the coaches will yank him in & out of the lineup so many times that he'll quit on the team a 2nd time & they'll be able to get rid of him for good & void any guaranteed money.

His agent should win an award!

Was that a Tbum deal? A player could have the night janitor as an agent, and he would bend that guy over a dirty urinal.

Not only was is a T-Baum deal, he then poured gasoline on the fire (the same way he did with the Suh deal) by back loading it with guaranteed money so they could sign more inept players in 2017.

Worse than the Tannehill contract?
The Fins have excelled in bad contracts.

Jones and his contract wouldn't fetch a conditional 2021 7th rounder.

I'd call it a lock that he was one of the first players they tried to move this offseason.

Last edited:
I know she was hated by most on this forum, but these types of contracts didn’t happen until tbum got Dawn Aponte out of the building.

Back
Top Bottom