Rest in Peace Jake Scott | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rest in Peace Jake Scott

Before my time, but Scott was always my favorite Dolphin from that era. Him and Anderson are arguably the best safety tandem in league history. Like Sam Madison and Xavien Howard he had a knack for intercepting passes. The original #13 is a legend.

We've lost a lot of the 1972 Phins in recent years.

Bob Kuechenberg ... Nick Buoniconti ... Jim Kiick ... Jim Langer ... Coach Shula ... and even further back, Bill Stanfill, Garo, Earl Morrall, and Mad-Dog Mandich ... and now Jake Scott :-( :-( :-(

Kuech and Scott should be in the HOF, along with Dick Anderson who is still with us. Another sad day for Phin fans. :-( :-( :-(

He and Shula had their differences that were not mended for years but they respected each other.

Thank you Jake for the memories.

This gets harder every time this happens to the team I grew up loving. Shula was the most difficult for me but each one hurts.

For those of you who never watched the Dolphins of the early years, do look them up on YouTube! Those are the guys the rest of us have been long time fans of this team for! I was in my early teens and loved every game live in Orange Bowl! Taking the bus in from the cloverleaf was so fun with the rest of the fans! Someone always had WQAM and Rick Weaver on. So fun.
RIP Jake! Thanks for the great memories!

Aw man....I just got home and logged on and this what I see?! He was my favorite defensive player by far on the No Name defense. It is an absolute joke that he isn't in the Hall of Fame. 35 picks in his six Miami years, fourteen in three years at Washington. And SB VII MVP too. A travesty he isn't in. RIP, Jake Scott, you were a bad ass football player.

Last edited:
We've lost a lot of the 1972 Phins in recent years.

Bob Kuechenberg ... Nick Buoniconti ... Jim Kiick ... Jim Langer ... Coach Shula ... and even further back, Bill Stanfill, Garo, Earl Morrall, and Mad-Dog Mandich ... and now Jake Scott :-( :-( :-(

Kuech and Scott should be in the HOF, along with Dick Anderson who is still with us. Another sad day for Phin fans. :-( :-( :-(
Don't forget Wayne Moore

Back
Top Bottom