Rest in Peace Jake Scott | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rest in Peace Jake Scott

Our prayers are with the Scott family. Thank you for the glory and happiness Jake brought to our lives and this Dolphins franchise. Rest In Peace. Jake Scott, we raise a glass to your courage and thank you for the memories. You will be dearly missed.

Very sad news. Rest In Peace.

kvykr6e.jpg

Most of the posters on here are too young to have actually seen Jake Scott play for the Dolphins. To me though, he and Dick Anderson were the best duo to ever play the safety position for the Miami Dolphin. Scott was an all pro safety and the SB MVP during the Dolphins perfect season. One of my saddest days as a young Dolphin fan was when Scott was traded because he and Shula had a falling out. In all the years I have been a fan of the Dolphins, since 1966, no other safety for the Dolphins has ever played as well for the Dolphins as Jake Scott did while he was a member of the team.

May he Rest In Peace.

A story may be some haven't read.

The first great #13 in Miami! So many from those great early 70's teams are no longer with us. Scott and Anderson were one of the best safety tandems I've ever seen. They were smart, always in the right place kind of players.

Back
Top Bottom