Retain, Tag, Or Let Walk? - Frank Gore | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, Or Let Walk? - Frank Gore

I love the term "rebuild" since theres hardly such a thing lol. Didnt we try the rebuild thing 10 years ago? Didnt work.

Patriots and Eagles have some oldies, including a 40 year old QB lol. You just need the right players, right chemistry.

Eventually its all about the money these days anyway. Rebuild with young guys, yet in 4 years they leave for fat contracts

I love Frank and he had a great year, but why pay him with Drake, Ballage, and Bolden back there? Let them carry the ball and use that money up front.
I criticized the Gore signing a lot last offseason, but fact is he was our best back and he didn't cost anything, so there's no money to use for anything else. I say bring him back.

The team is old and needs a youth injection, get some hungry players on the field at once.

I’m not down on Gore. RB isn’t the Dolphins biggest issue by far. Nor is it with most teams. Get front 7 and o-line injection if a QB isn’t in play.

I like Frank Gore and clearly he earned his spot and salary. But, this is a tear-down rebuild … so veterans like him are probably not going to survive this culling.

He can stay, but I don't want him as the lead back. Gotta utilize Drake more. As a 3rd down back, I'm ok with him for 1 more year.

You play your youth and not a 36 yr old RB as a workhorse. Complete backwards logic. But hey this fanbase still wants RT17 around and Rizzi as HC.

I say let him walk. Mostly because I want to see what we have (or don't have) in Ballage.

What don't you guys get? We are REBUILDING, there is no more room for an over the hill veteran. I like him, but he has no purpose here. Anyone who says "retain him" doesn't understand the process about to take place. Save the cap space. We have younger and cheaper options, play them. This is the type of player/deal that you won't see during the rebuild. He was good while he was here but to think he'll do anything to help us build for the future, for who, for what? If Ross holds true to a total rebuild, some of you are going to be shocked by what you see. You won't see Gore, Wake, Quinn, Parker, Denney, Larsen, Amendola, Hayes, Sitton, to name a few.

Only as a goal one back. Should be the fourth guy on the depth chart if he stays. Drake needs 20 touches a game.

Back
Top Bottom