Retain, Tag, Or Let Walk - Marqueis Gray | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, Or Let Walk - Marqueis Gray

I like Marqueis Gray, but he is a special skillset of semi-TE and semi-FB. He isn't fantastic at either, but he is a guy who can fill a couple of roles if the new coach wants. But, most new coaches sweep almost everyone from the old regime away except a few cornerstone players … and Gray is a role player, not a cornerstone player. My guess is that he will be one of many players who are shown the door.

Personally, I like having someone who can fill the FB role, and I don't think he will be replaced if he is let go.

Team friendly 1 year deal. I've always liked him as a TE2/3- provides good skills and can be a sneaky surprise for a defense.

I like Marqueis Gray, but he is a special skillset of semi-TE and semi-FB. He isn't fantastic at either, but he is a guy who can fill a couple of roles if the new coach wants. But, most new coaches sweep almost everyone from the old regime away except a few cornerstone players … and Gray is a role player, not a cornerstone player. My guess is that he will be one of many players who are shown the door.

Personally, I like having someone who can fill the FB role, and I don't think he will be replaced if he is let go.
Knowing how the Patriots value position versatility, I can see him sticking around...at least I'd like to see that.

Knowing how the Patriots value position versatility, I can see him sticking around...at least I'd like to see that.
Its possible, but most of the time the coaches get rid of EVERYONE that they don't find essential or cheap (rookie contracts), just to sweep away anyone who can compare them with the previous regime or undermine their message. Role players rarely make the transition.

I like Gray but considering his injury and the fact that he will be turning 30 in November probably will be best to let him walk.

Its possible, but most of the time the coaches get rid of EVERYONE that they don't find essential or cheap (rookie contracts)

So...is it safe to say that we will only have two TE's (rookies)?

I don't see Learybas being essential.

So...is it safe to say that we will only have two TE's (rookies)?

I don't see Learybas being essential.
Yes, I think so. The two rookies are probably safe, but O'Leary and Gray are unlikely to be on the roster next year.

Back
Top Bottom