Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - Cameron Wake | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - Cameron Wake

I would bring him back, if for nothing more ... as one of our veteran leaders. "WAKEzilla" has been the personification of a professional and class act during his entire time here in Miami. Id love him to return, and get at least 2 more sacks so he can say he is one of only two players that has gotten at least 100 sacks with the Phins.

At the very least ... Id let Wake decide. If he wants to stay, let him stay with a reduced salary though.
If he wants to go, let him go.

How about we ASK him what he wants to do
I think he deserves that much respect for what
he's given this team
For sure

If he wants to retire here, let him. Who wouldn't bring him back if he took a low deal like frank gore?

The dude is pretty much out of gas at this point, even as a situational pass rusher- I can't see him getting huge money out there. A ring maybe if he signs with a contender, but thats his best bet

Let the freak do as he wants... His solo roster spot (if he wants to stay my yammie) is no biggie

and his PRO persona is valuable. IMO he kinda deserves to write the end of his own story.

Glory or not.

He’s a free agent.

If he’s a Dolphin next year, he wants to be.

If he wants to chase a ring, he can do that as well.

That said, Miami would be foolish not to offer him a contract.
You expressed my thoughts exactly. I think out of loyalty, the team needs to do the right thing and put the ball in his court. If the team does get younger, he is a leader who you would want to mentor others while still at the same time, have gas in his tank to play. With that, I would support his move to chase the "Ring."

Wake needs to be more than a PR and he's not.
If you really watch him play then you'd see he tries to get to the QB and that's it.
He really doesn't play the run and he doesn't chase down plays.

It's time! Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Also, if possible I would trade R.Jones.

Back
Top Bottom