Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - William Hayes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - William Hayes

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
1034344166.jpg.0.jpg

Justin Hier and I are working our way through the Miami Dolphins’ roster, looking at players with expiring contracts and giving you a chance to vote on whether the team should keep them, tag them, or allow them to walk. We are on to our fourth post in the series today, with defensive end William Hayes in the spotlight.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/1...ins-free-agency-2019-nfl-review-william-hayes

Walk...he's a very good player though.

Great talent, hurt and old. Easy walk.

Keep based on passing physical. Guessing the draft is going to be DE heavy, having Hayes as a mentor is invaluable.

Walk. Can’t keep relying on him. Run defense is a mess without him but it’ll probably be more of the same as he’s another year older and the injuries have to be piling up on.

Really like the player when he's healthy. But, I see no chance in hell that a new coach keeps an old veteran with a sizable salary, injury history, and close ties to Robert Quinn and the old coaching regime. I'll be shocked if he's retained. The guy's good, he'll find work, but I doubt it'll be in Miami.

Let him go. We need to start a new way of building this team. Young talented players before 30 year old vets.

I'd like to keep him. He is a defensive player that has a motor. Need more of them, but he is on the wrong side of 30 coming off a major injury. Sadly, let him go find his mermaids.

Gore, Sitton and Wake ate bell cow vets I would bring back to coach up the youngsters.

Maybe Quinn if he takes a restructuring deal thats good for the phins.

Kiko and RT are interesting in that the dead cap number really works against cutting and their base salary is workable when you consider it would cost to replace them.

In RT case I believe he is to shell shocked to stay. He needs a team like Baltimore with a strong running game and tough defense.

I'd like to keep him. He is a defensive player that has a motor. Need more of them, but he is on the wrong side of 30 coming off a major injury. Sadly, let him go find his mermaids.

I see this 30-year-old reference a lot. Are you saying NO 30's. If so, what other NFL team has done that?

Hayes is a complementary player. The Dolphins are far beyond worry about a complementary player on the dline. They need to find at least two studs on the dline to build around. So two studs and 3 complementary linemen.

I see this 30-year-old reference a lot. Are you saying NO 30's. If so, what other NFL team has done that?

Slow your roll. I am not one who has ever said NO 30s and if we were a team in win-now mode, I would say keep him, but by the time we will be ready to win, the guy will be 40 years old. Not worth paying him.

Absolutely keep (if healthy).

No question.

Nobody is penciling him in as a starter at his age with his injury history.

Take as many snaps as he's able to give you.

A winning player.

Let him walk.

He’s a nice player to have but what’s the point if we are in a rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom