Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - William Hayes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retain, Tag, Or Walk? - William Hayes

Absolutely keep (if healthy).

No question.

Nobody is penciling him in as a starter at his age with his injury history.

Take as many snaps as he's able to give you.

A winning player.

So take like 60 snaps from him before he's out for the year?

Hard pass...as already stated, he's been injured a lot lately and he's going to be 34. Why would you bring that guy back.

So take like 60 snaps from him before he's out for the year?

Hard pass...as already stated, he's been injured a lot lately and he's going to be 34. Why would you bring that guy back.
Great depth.

Great player.

Great example for the youth.

Not that much money.

Hayes or Senor Scrubini undrafted FA at number 53 on our roster? No-brainer. Keep.

A solid player when healthy. Problem is that he is 33 and hasn't been able to stay healthy in either of his two seasons with the Dolphins. Time to move on.

Truly not a priority at this point.

The deal needs to be $500k signing and $125k per game check . . . .making it 1 year, $2.5 million if he plays all 16.

And that is generous.

Good player, can’t stay healthy and obviously continues to age.

Could care less if he is back or not

Slow your roll. I am not one who has ever said NO 30s and if we were a team in win-now mode, I would say keep him, but by the time we will be ready to win, the guy will be 40 years old. Not worth paying him.

I get that, but every team has/needs 30+ players. And some are quite good

I love the guy but not sure he will be effective after the knee. What a shame as he was trying to avoid landing on Carr - duck the NFL. I have to say “pass” unless vet minimum is in the cards. Bring to camp - if he looks good he gets on the 53. No / low risk money is the only way I’m bringing him back.

Back
Top Bottom