Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine.

Yes it is fun to watch. But you know what all of those clips have in common? Reuben Foster is unblocked in each of them. .
He is? (unblocked) I see him, reading, getting off blocks quickly and getting to the ball quickly. I also see an absolute baller on special teams. As far as" We don't play college kids, we play grown azz men who are professional and know how to block.", uum sorry, but you could say this about every man in the draft. Look I respectfully disagree, and I'm not blind to the baggage, but I don't see anyone else here in this draft with his talent that the Phins may have a shot at drafting, but hey I guess that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh? There are zero similarities on the football field.

You're absolutely right, no similarity on the field. Unfortunately, when we sign these guys we sign the whole guy, not just his on-field skills. When he puts on the uniform, he represents the Dolphins brand. It was not Jordan's on-field performance that got him fired, it was his off-field attitude. And there is where I see similarity.

Your mileage may vary.

readin' the Slimm's takes&infos&background about Alabama players is one of the best things of this site (I know that his work in the draft forum is amazing, but when he cames here and share his opinions in a more wordly way it's freaking good)

I think this post gets to the truth of the matter more than any other. Reuben Foster is the best LB prospect in this draft. Period.

But here's the deal, he brings with him some stuff off the field that makes you uncomfortable. If the NFL isn't able to corroborate his story for the diluted sample, then the Auburn tattoo won't even be in the top 5 stupidest things he's done if he continues down this road. Fact is, Foster has many of the same red flags Rolando McClain had in terms of the company he keeps and surrounds himself with. McClain was just never able to distance himself from the negative influences. Keep in mind I was on the opposing sidelines many times and watched the police take the ankle bracelet off McClain's ankle on Friday nights before games. That said, Foster does have better football character than McClain had.

Furthermore, coach Saban is going to speak well of Foster because he's just being honest. He's never had a moment's trouble out of Reuben, and knows where he comes from and the baggage he carries. Kids like McClain and Foster had off field issues since they were teenagers. Yet you never hear a peep out of em when they get to Tuscaloosa under Saban. They become team leaders and model teammates. As soon as they're not under his guidance anymore, it seems they tend to lose their way again. There's a reason for this.

The point is this, just because Saban can reach these guys and never have a minute's trouble out of em doesn't mean their next coach in the NFL who can "coach grown men" won't. That applies to every single prospect in the draft. Many of these kids have a lot of off field issues in their past. Many much worse than anything Foster has (Dalvin Cook for example)

Saban nailed it about Foster when he said that if you're looking for a nice guy, Foster probably isn't for you. But if you want a real nasty, intimidating SOB to bust ball carriers asses and lead your defense....well you might like #10.

It's up to NFL personnel people to do the job they're paid to do here and research to make the right decision. What Saban says is irrelevant. He got what he needed out of Reuben Foster. Now it's somebody else's responsibility to do the same.

I think I'd ask Penn State how Joe Pa did that with Sandusky....

Draft him...make sure the langauge in his contract damn near strips him bare if he gets popped again.

Sure hope not, most likely better options available at 22. I mean how many more red flags does this guy need to have before its a no?

What good is a contract out if in reality we blow yet another rd 1 pick like jordan?

Here is Lombardis thoughts.

Apr 21
Michael Lombardi‏ @mlombardiNFL
Teams picking between 33-45 will need to make sure they are comfortable with R. Foster, cause he will be there.

Can't see Foster falling to Round 2. No way in hell.

He won't. IF he gets past 12, I think you might see teams start calling to move up for him. If you were a playoff team like the Raiders, Miami..etc and need to upgrade your defense you roll the dice on this kid. Maybe they don't move up but if he is there you roll the dice. Especially on a pick in the 20's. This guy was a Top 5-10 pick 72 hours ago. He won't fall out of Rd 1

He's a bit smaller than I would like as a LB but there's no doubt about his playmaking ability as well as his ability to lay some big time hits on ball carriers.

Cleveland can afford the risk at 33 with all their extra picks and a desperate need for talent.

They could conceivably leave this draft with Garrett at 1, Hooker at 12 and Foster at 33.

Foster is the best linebacker to come out in sometime and could be the type of player who transcends a defense. Would love to have him in Miami.

Obviously, got to weigh in all the information. But, let's face it all the top linebackers have something. Watt, Davis and Reddick are also players who have had injuries. Foster may be more of a risk, but I think you've got to take that chance and draft him.

Sure hope not, most likely better options available at 22. I mean how many more red flags does this guy need to have before its a no?

What good is a contract out if in reality we blow yet another rd 1 pick like jordan?

We blew a pick or two on Carroo...and he allegedly bodyslammed a girl. We rolled the dice on a guy wbo took smoking weed so seriously that he wore a bong mask...you dont just stop smoking weed when you are that deep into it.

You wouldnt..I would.

Chocolate and vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom