Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine.

We blew a pick or two on Carroo...and he allegedly bodyslammed a girl. We rolled the dice on a guy wbo took smoking weed so seriously that he wore a bong mask...you dont just stop smoking weed when you are that deep into it.

You wouldnt..I would.

Chocolate and vanilla.

Thats fiine, I get others are on the other side, its not just that though there are other red flags but will see in less than a week what the verdict is.

There is speculation he may need a second surgery also.

I wonder if there will be any more social media surprises lake last year's. This could be a yearly thing now. Other players families or enemies retweeting detrimental comments or pictures. There is probably a lot that can happen true or fabricated that can hurt a players stock and there's a good chance there will be another social media draft day surprise.

Nope to foster. Shoulder surgery has not healed, and he's a dumbazz. Who the fawk fails a drug test knowing in advance for months you will be tested putting millions of dollars on the line. I want nothing's to do with this guy. Sry if we draft him I'll be against it.

Nope to foster. Shoulder surgery has not healed, and he's a dumbazz. Who the fawk fails a drug test knowing in advance for months you will be tested putting millions of dollars on the line. I want nothing's to do with this guy. Sry if we draft him I'll be against it.

I wouldn't be against it if we trade down. The extra draft pick or two could make it where the chance on him could work out.where not a deep enough team to take the chance on a head case in the 1st round.

We blew a pick or two on Carroo...and he allegedly bodyslammed a girl. We rolled the dice on a guy wbo took smoking weed so seriously that he wore a bong mask...you dont just stop smoking weed when you are that deep into it.

You wouldnt..I would.

Chocolate and vanilla.

Not one or two. Dolphins used 3 picks to get Leonte Carroo. 2016 6th Round (#186), 2017 3rd Round (#86) and 2017 4th Round (#128).

Edit: and not only that, the Dolphins trade back to get the 2016 6th Round pick #186 in order to draft Jakeem Grant FOR TWO MORE PICKS! (2016 6th Round pick #196 and 2016 7th Round pick #227).

Effectively this makes it 4 picks for Leonte Carroo. I'm more and more impressed by this front office with each passing day.

Not one or two. Dolphins used 3 picks to get Leonte Carroo. 2016 6th Round (#186), 2017 3rd Round (#86) and 2017 4th Round (#128).

Edit: and not only that, the Dolphins trade back to get the 2016 6th Round pick #186 in order to draft Jakeem Grant FOR TWO MORE PICKS! (2016 6th Round pick #196 and 2016 7th Round pick #227).

Effectively this makes it 4 picks for Leonte Carroo. I'm more and more impressed by this front office with each passing day.

A bit over dramatic aren't we.....

This front office also traded for a starting CB, LB, and still got possibly the best player in the draft last year in Tunsil.....wait a second, that was just lucky though, right.

This front office also hired Adam Gase who looks like the real deal so far

This front office made the decision to walk away from Lamar Miller and his $6 million price tag and replace him with a 2nd year 5th round pick, a UDFA, and a rookie 3rd round pick.

They may have pulled off the steal f the off season by getting Julius Thomas for a 7th round pick. Injury history or not, he was at his best with Gase, took a pay cut to come here, and all it cost us was a pick that normally has a low chance of even making a roster.

We locked in Tanny on a bargain contract with an easy out for the most expensive position. It was a great decision no matter how you look at it.

We also have a GM, President, and Head coach that are working together. That is a huge deal to me, I mean the amount of time this board spent complaining about our capologist Dawn the last couple years was ridiculous.

I get that Tannenbaum has his faults, he can be a bit to loose with his draft picks and has had some questionable draft decisions in the past but give this regime some credit. Players are wanting to come here, players are taking pay cuts to come here, we have assistant coaches that other teams find appealing, and we made the playoffs last year. This is the most credibility that our organization has had in the last 15 years and some of you still can't do anything but complain.

End of rant...

You don't consider Tunsil falling to us being lucky?:ponder:

A bit over dramatic aren't we.....

This front office also traded for a starting CB, LB, and still got possibly the best player in the draft last year in Tunsil.....wait a second, that was just lucky though, right.

This front office also hired Adam Gase who looks like the real deal so far

This front office made the decision to walk away from Lamar Miller and his $6 million price tag and replace him with a 2nd year 5th round pick, a UDFA, and a rookie 3rd round pick.

They may have pulled off the steal f the off season by getting Julius Thomas for a 7th round pick. Injury history or not, he was at his best with Gase, took a pay cut to come here, and all it cost us was a pick that normally has a low chance of even making a roster.

We locked in Tanny on a bargain contract with an easy out for the most expensive position. It was a great decision no matter how you look at it.

We also have a GM, President, and Head coach that are working together. That is a huge deal to me, I mean the amount of time this board spent complaining about our capologist Dawn the last couple years was ridiculous.

I get that Tannenbaum has his faults, he can be a bit to loose with his draft picks and has had some questionable draft decisions in the past but give this regime some credit. Players are wanting to come here, players are taking pay cuts to come here, we have assistant coaches that other teams find appealing, and we made the playoffs last year. This is the most credibility that our organization has had in the last 15 years and some of you still can't do anything but complain.

End of rant...

Unfortunately your examples don't help the case of the poor decision making of the front office.

The Eagles wanted to get rid of Maxwell and his contract. At least Cleveland got a 2nd round draft pick in exchange for picking up Osweiler's stupid contract.
Alonso was coming off of back to back injury seasons - who knows what was going to happen there? Alonso unfortunately is the king of empty stats, lots of tackles with little real impact on a game (outside of couple of timely interceptions).
Tunsil was a no-brainer pick for the Dolphins, although it does say something that they didn't get spooked off. But then again Tannenbaum shares Tunsil's agent.
Tannenbaum wanted Doug Marrone as coach. Stephen Ross pushed for Gase.
Lamar Miller should have been wrapped up before free agnecy.
Julius Thomas hasn't done anything for the Dolphins yet.
Tannehill's contract is about where it should be. He has the 14th highest paid quarterback for about the 14th best QB in the league.
You must've forgotten how the VP of Operations ousted the last General Manager. I hear that those positions have to work together, and it's usually kept quiet if it doesn't. If it isn't quiet then all hell breaks loose.
"Players are wanting to come here". Name one player that turned down a better or equivalent contract to come to the Dolphins.

We did make the playoffs last year, and that is the silver lining. However we went into last season with the same ridiculous gaping holes in the roster at OL and LB that we had to struggle with all year.

Unfortunately your examples don't help the case of the poor decision making of the front office.

The Eagles wanted to get rid of Maxwell and his contract. At least Cleveland got a 2nd round draft pick in exchange for picking up Osweiler's stupid contract.
Alonso was coming off of back to back injury seasons - who knows what was going to happen there? Alonso unfortunately is the king of empty stats, lots of tackles with little real impact on a game (outside of couple of timely interceptions).
Tunsil was a no-brainer pick for the Dolphins, although it does say something that they didn't get spooked off. But then again Tannenbaum shares Tunsil's agent.
Tannenbaum wanted Doug Marrone as coach. Stephen Ross pushed for Gase.
Lamar Miller should have been wrapped up before free agnecy.
Julius Thomas hasn't done anything for the Dolphins yet.
Tannehill's contract is about where it should be. He has the 14th highest paid quarterback for about the 14th best QB in the league.
You must've forgotten how the VP of Operations ousted the last General Manager. I hear that those positions have to work together, and it's usually kept quiet if it doesn't. If it isn't quiet then all hell breaks loose.
"Players are wanting to come here". Name one player that turned down a better or equivalent contract to come to the Dolphins.

We did make the playoffs last year, and that is the silver lining. However we went into last season with the same ridiculous gaping holes in the roster at OL and LB that we had to struggle with all year.

We had to fill a middle linebacker role and a huge cornerback role to fill. We did so by only moving back 5 spots in a draft and still getting the player that shouldn't have been available. I am so sick of saying that Tunsil was lucky. We made a move that 99% of this board rioted over and it turned out to be a steal. It would have been impossible to get players of these calibers in free agency. We would have taken Tunsil at 8 just as easily as we would have at 13.

Tannenbaum has a history with coaches, look no further than the ones he represented while an agent

We made the right call in letting Miller walk. I am a bit shocked that you can't admit that Ajayi at under a million is a better deal than Miller at 6.....it is pretty evident.

Julius Thomas we got for a 7th round pick, the upside of that trade is just insane and for a pick that was on the practice squad last year

Look at QB contracts around the league. Would you rather we being doing what Washington is with Cousins.....we locked him in at a team friendly deal with an easy out, that is not easy to do at the QB position

Julius Thomas took a pay cut to come here, Stills would have reportedly gotten more on the open market but chose to came back. We didn't go on a big spending spree outside of the organization because our Free agents stayed with us for a change

I mean the front office isnt perfect, but you some of you refuse to give any credit for the good moves that have been made.

We had to fill a middle linebacker role and a huge cornerback role to fill. We did so by only moving back 5 spots in a draft and still getting the player that shouldn't have been available. I am so sick of saying that Tunsil was lucky. We made a move that 99% of this board rioted over and it turned out to be a steal. It would have been impossible to get players of these calibers in free agency. We would have taken Tunsil at 8 just as easily as we would have at 13.

Tannenbaum has a history with coaches, look no further than the ones he represented while an agent

We made the right call in letting Miller walk. I am a bit shocked that you can't admit that Ajayi at under a million is a better deal than Miller at 6.....it is pretty evident.

Julius Thomas we got for a 7th round pick, the upside of that trade is just insane and for a pick that was on the practice squad last year

Look at QB contracts around the league. Would you rather we being doing what Washington is with Cousins.....we locked him in at a team friendly deal with an easy out, that is not easy to do at the QB position

Julius Thomas took a pay cut to come here, Stills would have reportedly gotten more on the open market but chose to came back. We didn't go on a big spending spree outside of the organization because our Free agents stayed with us for a change

I mean the front office isnt perfect, but you some of you refuse to give any credit for the good moves that have been made.

Yeah, we had to put bodies on the roster. I can't praise the front office for finding literal bodies to plug in to the positions. If they were top players in the league, then I'd pass some credit along.

We didn't know what we had with Ajayi yet and neither did the front office, which is why they signed the corpse of Arian Foster (and made such a hard push for CJ Anderson).

The upside of trades is always insane, but later you're usually brought to earth by what you actually did get.

Washington negotiating Cousin's contract is stupidly ridiculous. That is what not to do. But then again, Washington doesn't have a General Manager. Bad example. No one freakin' does a Franchise tag two years in a row.

Julius Thomas was traded, he didn't take "less money to come here". He was traded for and part of the negotiations were for him to take a pay cut (or be cut).

Stills has a ridiculous amount of guaranteed money on his contract (he's in the top 20 in WR guaranteed money). He has more guaranteed money on his contract than the one that Antonio Brown just signed. If you ask a NFL player or agent what the most important number on a contract is it's guaranteed money. I doubt anyone offered him more. More average maybe or more total maybe, but not more guaranteed.

Very interesting comment from Bill Polian re Reuben Foster on TV this morning. He explained that no player who failed a drug test taken in the medical at the NFL Combine, has ever succeeded in the NFL. Without actually saying that he wouldn't draft Reuben Foster, Bill made it crystal clear that this is a huge negative.

Very interesting comment from Bill Polian re Reuben Foster on TV this morning. He explained that no player who failed a drug test taken in the medical at the NFL Combine, has ever succeeded in the NFL. Without actually saying that he wouldn't draft Reuben Foster, Bill made it crystal clear that this is a huge negative.

:sidelol: And Polian has also said he had a first round grade on Tom Brady. Suuuuuure Bill.

Old grumps must is forgetting not just those who have succeeded, but great players like Randy Moss and Warren Sapp.

Back
Top Bottom