Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine. | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine.

u cannot be that ... when you know you are going get draft in 1st rd......why should dolphins draft this guy.... he will be there at 22...

I'm not personally a Foster fan. Just a bad point by Polian. I do like his tackling ability and POA. I think his intelligence is very questionable and this doesn't help his case

I think this going to cause a catrostophic fall. This isn't just a tainted drug test, this is anger issues, this is questionable people in his life, this is a pattern. With Johny Football, Josh Gordon, Aaron Jernandez, PACman Jones, Ray Rice, all recently in the news I think this will be a major concern, and people will take him off the board. I think 2nd round gamble for his talent is worth it, but this is too much for the first round. Think about the ramifications...he knew this week was comming for months, and he had a melt down with millions of dollars on the line. What's going to happen when he has millions of dollars and all the temptations and preasure.

How come NONE of that effected him in college? He had a spotless college career. I am thinking there is some team out there trying to create a Dan Marino draft fall. If some of this happened in college, gang banging, thieving, violence, drug/alcohol busts, fighting with team mates, problems with team mates, coaches and staff, I could see some deserving stink eye on him, in fact, I would be leading the charge to not draft him.

The only thing that scares me on drafting Foster is his shoulder. And even that is a bunch of hear say right now. One thing I would like to ask the board: How Much Fluids would it take for you to cause a dilution fail? A quart? Gallon? 2 quarts and a pint? And how much would You have to drink within a given time to fail? How much fluid, in what amount of time?

Don't know?

Neither do I.

Neither did he.

All this he failed a drug test going into his biggest day, can't draft him, what an idiot, etc..... Is bunk. His urine was over the given parameter number for diluted. He DID NOT test positive for ANY drug. Like I said, the only thing scaring me is his shoulder. We are not a Superbowl or legit playoff team. This is the type of talent we have to start collecting to start challenging for those things. That being said, I would still draft him, even if it's a possibility he misses this season. Several teams have taken big time talented players lately with injuries who they KNEW would not play the first year but the talent is just to big. If we were a player or two away and legit playoffs or Superbowl contention were in our grasp, maybe not. But we need TALENT, REAL TALENT and if it's a flyer for next year, it's a bonus as we will be having better draft position next year and in place for better quality players and having a FULLY recovered Foster ready to hit the field with a better draft bunch wouldn't suck.

Very interesting comment from Bill Polian re Reuben Foster on TV this morning. He explained that no player who failed a drug test taken in the medical at the NFL Combine, has ever succeeded in the NFL. Without actually saying that he wouldn't draft Reuben Foster, Bill made it crystal clear that this is a huge negative.

Polian later said after Greeny asked about Sapp and Moss that the overwhelming majority of players that fail a drug test at the combine fail in the NFL.

Foster is overhyped, imo. I just think he's sometimes slow moving to the hole. I can't trust the Saban Alabama MLB's to be great in the NFL. Unless they're speedy value picks 2nd round and everything after. I can trust them to be solid.

I don't know about the combine incident, but my experience with medical staff is that they can be contentious pricks. In which case, I'd be fine if we took him at 22. Starting off already on the drug watch list must suck for him, though.

Back
Top Bottom