Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine.

Foster is the best MLB prospect to come out since Kuechly and we have a huge need at that position.
I'll absolutely roll the dice on a player like him at 22,

Foster played in a great scheme in Alabama. He won't be the same defender nor grow as a MLB here.

Put him at WLB...keep Kiko at MLB:bobdole:, and move Timmons to SAM.

I'm considering opening up some kind of adult baby sitting service for athletes, because this nonsense! Dude cost himself millions. I mean guys would you really want a guy like this on team? Think of Dion Jordan, at least with Tunsil it was 2 years old. He knew he would be tested, its the same thing every year! He's not going to change all of a sudden. I'll take the gamble with a 2nd pick but not with our 1st.

At least this time teams have a chance to do due diligence on Foster. One of the reasons Tunsil fell to 13 was because nobody had time to investigate due to the timing of the gasmask video release.

I would take him if he's sitting there at #22 but even with this new development there's basically no chance that he drops out of the top 15 imo. Saban speaks very highly of him, even glowing terms and I think if this kid was a problem he would have been weeded out of the Alabama program.

Has he ever been linked to peds? I mean this is a top 5 talent we're talking about here if there weren't character concerns in the first place. All Pro potential. He has the ability to transform a defense.

If it's weed then who gives a ****. PEDs and that's a career in jeapordy type of problem. If it can be confirmed, which it can't, then I'd take him at 22. Not worth the risk if PEDs are a possibility.

Really? Unless the NFL Players Union somehow works out a new policy with the league to take weed off of the list of prohibited substances, it's a big problem. Guys get popped for PEDs, serve the 4 games, and come back. Often, the PEDs were aiding an injury recovery. For some of these guys, smoking up is just what they do because it's what they've always done. It's harder to kick a lifestyle habit.

Put him at WLB...keep Kiko at MLB:bobdole:, and move Timmons to SAM.

More to do with the overall scheme than just the Mike position. Plus, you're not going to take a LB with excellent S2S movement like Foster's and place him on the outside. And speaking of our OLB spots, they are virtually the same, especially vs the run. It more or less has to do with that Foster played under a great defensive mind in Saban and to not expect much development and you could even assume some regression in our Over front.

if he's there, you take him imo...would be a dream scenario for me. he's explosive, instinctive, athletic....our defense would immediately get better

This is his story...and he's sticking to it:

“I couldn’t eat much, but I had to drink water and Gatorade,” Foster said. “Then a few coaches said something about me being too light. And I’m a coach-pleaser. I don’t care what everybody thinks, but I care what coaches think. So I drank and ate as much as I could without throwing up. Then I went in there, drinking and drinking water, trying to flush out my system from whatever was making me sick and trying to keep my weight up and took the test.”

giphy (1).gif

Thing about falling the combine drug test is players know when it's coming and if they can't stay off what their doing long enough to pass it then they just may have a problem.

If it's weed then who gives a ****. PEDs and that's a career in jeapordy type of problem. If it can be confirmed, which it can't, then I'd take him at 22. Not worth the risk if PEDs are a possibility.

Actually I believe it's the other way around, both are very frowned upon, but if it's weed, it might be a problem, because players usually don't just stop, while PEDs is just trying to compete, or treating injury, so stopping is not that big an issue.

Not quite the same as "failing" the test technically... can't prove he was on any drugs. His reason of being sick and needing hydration makes tons of sense... if it's true, who knows, but at least he's got his story down- wonder if anyone tries to make him prove it

Back
Top Bottom