Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine.

Here's what I do know (facts):

1.) Foster was sent home from the combine for an alleged confrontation with a hospital worker during the NFL Combine.

2.) He failed a drug test, which was administered during the NFL Combine.

3.) I would still draft him...but the contract language in terms of guaranteed money given back for each infraction that would threaten him being on the field (assaults, failed drug tests, whatever) would be heavily slanted toward the benefit of the team.

Now what about the situations don't I know?

That wasn't toward you, I was just responding to you. Yes those are facts, but

1-hospital worker could of affected him millions with concerns about the shoulder and that's what it was about. Tempers get flared? Maybe but he's not a Mixon. Although this next thing will cost him millions anyway

2-can't really save this one, don't think he's going to quit but he needs to find the right times.

3-agree

No I don't have the details right now, but I know the combine situation was blown out of proportion and I know he isn't a bad kid. Is he an idiot for not being smarter about when to smoke? Hell yeah he is. But he's a football player that loves the game, and a dang good one, shouldn't be compared to Dion

"Is he an idiot for not being smarter about when to smoke?"........... So, you are saying he was trying to cover up smoking weed? Where did you get this from?

That wasn't toward you, I was just responding to you. Yes those are facts, but

1-hospital worker could of affected him millions with concerns about the shoulder and that's what it was about. Tempers get flared? Maybe but he's not a Mixon. Although this next thing will cost him millions anyway

2-can't really save this one, don't think he's going to quit but he needs to find the right times.

3-agree

How stupid is he to turn up at the Combine and fail the drug test? Every player knows that they are going to be thoroughly tested and so they are warned by coaches, agents and former teammates not to indulge for weeks beforehand, so they can pass the test (it's not rocket science). And then what does he do? He tries to dilute his sample (just like Dion Jordan when he got caught). This is category 1 absolute bonehead stupid. And then he followed it up with the altercation with the hospital employee at the medical testing. Out of the hundreds of players who take part in the NFL Combine every year, have you ever heard of a player refusing to cooperate with a hospital employee before that led to him storming off in a huff and pulling out of the Combine? I haven't.
Rolltide - you are a devout Alabama fan and you know Foster's strengths better than me, but the red flags on him are clear and they are bright red (some would say crimson). You express concern that the hospital employee could have cost Reuben millions of dollars, but how about the player not taking responsibility for his actions being the root cause for costing him.
We got lucky with Tunsil last year but my inclination is to be risk averse and select another player.

BTW - Kiko Alonso is regularly slammed on here for being an undersized linebacker. Kiko is 6'3" 239 lbs but Reuben Foster is 6'0" and 229 lbs - i.e. 3" shorter and 10 lbs lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although the smaller linebacker that has good coverage skills and can still hit seems to be the new mold.

Larger slower linebackers are fading away.

Here's what I do know (facts):

1.) Foster was sent home from the combine for an alleged confrontation with a hospital worker during the NFL Combine.

2.) He failed a drug test, which was administered during the NFL Combine.

3.) I would still draft him...but the contract language in terms of guaranteed money given back for each infraction that would threaten him being on the field (assaults, failed drug tests, whatever) would be heavily slanted toward the benefit of the team.

Now what about the situations don't I know?

4. He had shoulder surgery recently, and may need another shoulder surgery that could cost him training camp if not more.
5. He starts season on the drug program, and is one strike away from missing a lot of time.
6. He is smallish prospect, 6' 229lbs.
7. He has an Auburn tattoo and went to Alabama

There is no way he would be on my first round board. Its too risky! As we just cut our biggest first round bust of all time, and can't afford taking a chance on what could be another.

Diluted test doesn’t mean he tested positive for anything, it means he tested negative for everything. Too much water indicates attempt to flush. It’s a red flag. If he is clean or dirty, they will know at follow up testing.

4. He had shoulder surgery recently, and may need another shoulder surgery that could cost him training camp if not more.
5. He starts season on the drug program, and is one strike away from missing a lot of time.
6. He is smallish prospect, 6' 229lbs.
7. He has an Auburn tattoo and went to Alabama

There is no way he would be on my first round board. Its too risky! As we just cut our biggest first round bust of all time, and can't afford taking a chance on what could be another.

Ya I think the Dion Jordan fiasco would turn us off from this pick. Tunsil was/is just too damn good lol The good news we know someone of great value to our team will be there. #22 pick sucks!! I see Jon Allen falling on tons of mocks. If that dude is there, I don't think we can pass. When healthy, he's a beast. I don't care about shoulder issues with Allen. Suh/Allen combo would be ridiculous!! I highly doubt he falls that far though...One can dream..lol

I said months ago I wouldn't take Foster. He's a smaller version of Rolando McClain...and his tape isn't even as good as McClain's. He's a head case and a product of Saban's system.

Hes still not falling to us, bet he goes top 15 still. If he did I wouldnt think twice.

Id take the chance on that talent.

Ya I think the Dion Jordan fiasco would turn us off from this pick. Tunsil was/is just too damn good lol The good news we know someone of great value to our team will be there. #22 pick sucks!! I see Jon Allen falling on tons of mocks. If that dude is there, I don't think we can pass. When healthy, he's a beast. I don't care about shoulder issues with Allen. Suh/Allen combo would be ridiculous!! I highly doubt he falls that far though...One can dream..lol

This is not comparable to Tunsil!!! That was an old vid. Tunsil cleared his physical at the combine, and passed his drug test. He would not come in to the NFL in the drug program.

Looking at the personel that the Fins use, do they really need to spend a high pick on a LBer? They use only 2 LBers most of the time anyway. Plus they've spent good money on the 2 that are going to play the most snaps (Alonso and Timmons). I can see drafting a LB in the middle rounds for depth with upside starting potential but I don't think they need to use a 1st or 2nd rounder on that position.

Looking at the personel that the Fins use, do they really need to spend a high pick on a LBer? They use only 2 LBers most of the time anyway. Plus they've spent good money on the 2 that are going to play the most snaps (Alonso and Timmons). I can see drafting a LB in the middle rounds for depth with upside starting potential but I don't think they need to use a 1st or 2nd rounder on that position.

Timmons is a rental and Alonzo can't play 16 games in a season. Dolphins need linebackers badly. They don't just need depth they really need to find starters because Alonzo, Timmons and Misi are not good enough and wouldn't start on a top 10 defense in this league...maybe not even a top 15 defense in this league. Dolphins will be lucky to get 24 starts out of the 3 of them combined this year.

Back
Top Bottom