Revised Mock Draft Involving 1st Round Trades With Dallas and Philadelphia | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revised Mock Draft Involving 1st Round Trades With Dallas and Philadelphia

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Reaction score
I've heard that Saban is extremely interested in Charlie Frye, so here's my revised mock draft involving 1st round trades with Dallas and Philadelphia:

#11 - Carnell Williams (RB - Auburn) *
#35 - Charlie Frye (QB - Akron) **
#46 - Matt Jones (WR - Arkansas) ***
#63 - Mike Patterson (DT - USC) **
#70 - Corey Webster (CB - LSU)
4th Round - Michael Munoz (OT - Tennessee)
5th Round - Larry Brackins (WR - Pearl River Community College)
5th Round - Marviel Underwood (S - San Diego State) *
5th Round - Roger Cooper (LB - Montana State) ****
6th Round - Brandon Jacobs (RB/FB - Southern Illinois) ***
7th Round - Matt Payne (P - BYU)

* - Obtained via trade with Cowboys (#2 for #11, #20, and 5th round pick)
** - Obtained via trade with Eagles (#20 for #35 and #63)
*** - Obtained via trade with Chiefs (Patrick Surtain for #46 and 6th round pick)
**** - Obtained via trade with Rams (Jeff Zgonina for 5th round pick)

-----

I'd love to see us pull off the above trades with the Cowboys, who reportedly want to move up and make sure that they get Shawne Merriman, and the Eagles, who reportedly are willing to use some of their ammo (they have a first-round pick, two second-round picks, and two third-round picks) to move up and grab Travis Johnson, Demarcus Ware or Mark Clayton (I'm sure one of them will still be available at #20). I'm not sure I'd take #35 and #77 for #20, but I'd definitely take #35 and #63 for #20. I'm not entirely confident the Eagles are willing to give up those two picks for #20, but I think it's very possible.

Williams or Benson will probably be on the board at #11 if the Cardinals trade LJ Shelton for Travis Henry as many people think they will. I'll take either one at number eleven, although I'd definitely prefer Williams over Benson. Simply put, I'll go nuts if we pull off these trades AND land Caddy Williams.

A lot of people think Jones is going to go at the end of the first-round, but I strongly suspect he is going to be a mid second-round pick. I think we have a decent shot at him if we pull off the eagerly anticipated trade with the Chiefs.

BTW, I'm on the Andrew Walter bandwagon, so to speak, and I'd absolutely love to see us pick him up with our fourth-round pick. However, I'm hearing that Frye is Saban's guy...

If you have any questions shoot away.

Why wouldnt Dallas just stay put and then make the trade with the Eagles if that is the case? I dont see Parcells trading up. I dont see either of the 1st 2 trades happening. Would be nice, Im sure Saban would consider those but I cant see people trading up when the depth in the middle of the draft is close to the talent at the top. Never know, I like Williams a lot I would love to get him at #11 but Tampa is supposedly enamored with him and I do think he fits right into what they want to do offensively.

finfansince72 said:
Why wouldnt Dallas just stay put and then make the trade with the Eagles if that is the case?

Shawne Merriman has shot up the board, and will possibly be the first defensive player taken. Some people think the Browns might take him with the third overall pick. I'm sure Romeo Crennel would love to build his D around this kid. The latest whispers indicate that Parcells wants to build his defense around Merriman just like he built his defenses with the Giants and Patriots around Lawrence Taylor (second overall pick in 1981) and Willie McGinest (fourth overall pick in 1994) respectively. It appears Merriman is not going to fall out of the top ten, so the Cowboys are going to need to trade up if they want to get him. Indeed, they may need to trade all of the way up to #2 in order to obtain him.

Never know, I like Williams a lot I would love to get him at #11 but Tampa is supposedly enamored with him and I do think he fits right into what they want to do offensively.

I can see Ronnie Brown falling to Tampa Bay if we trade down with the Cowboys (49ers take Rodgers, Cowboys take Merriman, Browns take Smith, Bears take Edwards). Furthermore, the Cardinals are probably going to trade for Travis Henry. If the Cardinals trade for Henry, that pretty much guarantees that either Benson or Williams will still be available at #11. I'll take either one with that pick.

I think its an ok mock i dont see why we need a punter in there though

FinsAreLife said:
I think its an ok mock i dont see why we need a punter in there though

It's a seventh-round pick. Let's not forget that Matt Turk is going to be 37 years old in June. Payne has a helluva leg, and I'd definitely spend a seventh-round pick on him if we manage to trade down a couple of times and pull off the anticipated trades with the Chiefs and Rams. Payne may end up being a quality starter for 15-20 years.

A good mock. Can't say I'd be too disappointed if that happened. I love the idea of getting a top talent(Caddy) while trading down and getting more picks. Matt Jones makes me nervous because he is somewhat like Crouch but I'm sure Linehan could figure out a way to use him. Overall, we'd get quality and quanity if this were to happen.

Dallas is in perfect position 11,20 "nobody" wants #2 in this Draft :shakeno:

cad said:
Dallas is in perfect position 11,20 "nobody" wants #2 in this Draft :shakeno:

We'll just wait and see if anybody wants to trade up. Nobody knows for sure what will happen on the always unpredictable draft day.

Blitz said:
Shawne Merriman has shot up the board, and will possibly be the first defensive player taken. Some people think the Browns might take him with the third overall pick. I'm sure Romeo Crennel would love to build his D around this kid. The latest whispers indicate that Parcells wants to build his defense around Merriman just like he built his defenses with the Giants and Patriots around Lawrence Taylor (second overall pick in 1981) and Willie McGinest (fourth overall pick in 1994) respectively. It appears Merriman is not going to fall out of the top ten, so the Cowboys are going to need to trade up if they want to get him. Indeed, they may need to trade all of the way up to #2 in order to obtain him.

Maybe, but I dont see Merriman being worth that kind of trade. Dallas needs players they arent one guy from being a great defense. I can't see Parcells wanting to deal with the #2 inevitable holdout and huge contract demands. They are in a great spot, I just dont see this happening, they can get 2 great defensive prospects, they also need a Wr.

I can see Ronnie Brown falling to Tampa Bay if we trade down with the Cowboys (49ers take Rodgers, Cowboys take Merriman, Browns take Smith, Bears take Edwards). Furthermore, the Cardinals are probably going to trade for Travis Henry. If the Cardinals trade for Henry, that pretty much guarantees that either Benson or Williams will still be available at #11. I'll take either one with that pick.

From what people have said about Gruden, he is enamored by Williams, having coached him for a bit in one of the allstar bowls. Could be wrong but he might take Cadillac over Brown. You could be right though if a trade went through like u suggest.

If we select Frye.....

With Adrian McPherson still on the board.

:fire:

Caddy aint getting past #5. Cmon now........pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom