Revisiting The 2012 Draft(osweiler) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revisiting The 2012 Draft(osweiler)

I don't care who the QB is....the fact is while Brock made a couple of decent plays, the ONLY reason we won that game is because of Wilson and some luck, like the tipped pass in OT that could have been easily picked. I want to win regardless of who the QB is, but one of these QBs has a great winning record over their last multitude of games and one does not. Also Osweiler's play is being way overstated in this win.....I hope his play improves and we win because the way he played on Sunday will not consistently win in the NFL and that is a fact!
Wilson, some luck and a tipped pass we got lucky on. Seriously?
How about if Wilson catches that pass on our first drive. He had one man to beat and nothing but green ahead of him. How about that trip on Drake or Amendola which should have been a first down penalty rather than a punt? How about Drakes fumble 1 inch from the goal line.
We can play these stupid pathetic games all day long. I can even point out a handful plays in each of the first three games which could have turned the games against us.

What you saw Sunday is the offense we should have had all year. That's why we got speedsters like Grant and Wilson and a possession receiver like Amendola. This is how the NE offense has success all these years. Hit the open receiver quick, let them make the plays and eventually it opens up the run game.

And don't even address "consistently" winning in the NFL. When have we done that in the last 20 years?

Last edited:
I honestly wonder what people would be thinking if Albert didn't bust those long TDs which is not going to happen every week.
I know what I thought. I was cursing out the defense after they had allowed the Bears touchdown for their 28-21 lead. Actually I was cursing them out way sooner than that. I didn’t understand how you could hold the Bears to 0 points in the first half and 2 ½ minutes into the second half you’ve basically destroyed the very good first half you had. I hated that defense at that point more than I hated Osweiler after his first pick.

I honestly wonder what people would be thinking if Albert didn't bust those long TDs which is not going to happen every week.
It’s happened in multiple games so far with Tannehill and Osweiler, that’s how this offense is built. Short dump offs/shovel passes/bubble screens and letting the speedy receivers take it to the house. That’s why Gase wanted Wilson and Grant.

I know what I thought. I was cursing out the defense after they had allowed the Bears touchdown for their 28-21 lead. Actually I was cursing them out way sooner than that. I didn’t understand how you could hold the Bears to 0 points in the first half and 2 ½ minutes into the second half you’ve basically destroyed the very good first half you had. I hated that defense at that point more than I hated Osweiler after his first pick.
There was actually a real good discussion on radio the other day. The Bears made great adjustments at half time. But on the other hand you have to give Burke credit for making adjustments himself and stopping the bleeding.
Those guys made the point that in the past the Dolphins either couldn't stop the bleeding or if they stopped the bleeding they couldn't regroup on offense. They mentioned two games just this season. Against the Pats we couldn't stop the bleeding and against the Bengals we couldn't recover offensively from the bleeding.

The most underrated aspect of the game: it was a comeback victory after being down 21-10 midway through the 3rd quarter.

I am not sure I would call it “stopped the bleeding”. If not for the bogus penalty on Burton and the ensuing McDonald interception the defense would have allowed 5 TDs on as many drives to start the 2nd half.

I was never impressed with him in college. Made too many mistakes. Then again, that could partly be coaching.

I don't think you understand. Not many if anybody thinks Brock is the answer, what is completely clear to me now that Brock played with the exact same players is that Tannehill is definitely not the answer.
You made me just spit out my coffee laughing! Like you were sitting on the fence about Tannehill until you saw BO play the last game....such nonsense. Here is to Brock playing light's out with his chance to play but please spare us this non biased outlook before last sunday's game

You made me just spit out my coffee laughing! Like you were sitting on the fence about Tannehill until you saw BO play the last game....such nonsense. Here is to Brock playing light's out with his chance to play but please spare us this non biased outlook before last sunday's game

You are right, let me rephrase it:

Now it should be clear to everyone else that Tannehill is not the answer.

Last edited:
Maybe... but once in a while a guy blossoms in their 7th year or later....Jim Plunkett to name one.

Your probably right... but what if?

Vinny T, Rich Gannon off the top of my head. Sure there would be tons more if searched for. Its not impossible especially at a position as incredibly complex and important as NFL starting QB

Nobody ever thought that a 2-point conversion was coming down to the 4th option but with 2 targets falling down and one being covered he was just buying time and hoped that Stills runs that pattern and he gave a boatload of credit to Stills for running that route. It really speaks volumes of Stills as well for running his route so patiently.

Stills had a second huge play. The catch off the deflection in OT ON 3rd and 6..

He made a hard cut back to the ball after pass was thrown. I’m assuming to throw a block for Amendola - the right team mentality to have. And bam, there’s the ball. Nice chunk play. First down.

Stills had a second huge play. The catch off the deflection in OT ON 3rd and 6..

He made a hard cut back to the ball after pass was thrown. I’m assuming to throw a block for Amendola - the right team mentality to have. And bam, there’s the ball. Nice chunk play. First down.
Yep. Osweiler mentioned that play in his post game presser (the football gods looked upon us) and gave Still mega credit for sticking with the play and making that catch.
All I could think was: dam we are usually on the wrong side of these type of plays. We can't lose. :lol:

These two plays in particular show the value of a Kenny Stills.

He did show better fluidity in the pocket and awareness than Ryan. Then again, so did Moore. Ryan just looks unnatural playing the position at times. In 86 or whatever career starts there is no way one can say “it’s the o-line, coaching etc” to blame the fact we rarely ever score 30+ points. Yet the 3 games Moore started in 2016 and now Rottweilers 1 start we had a higher PPG than a Tannehill led offense. I love Tannehill the person. The QB, well, it’s time to find the next one.

You guys are funny. When we picked him up the majority on here thaught this guy sucked. Now after one game he is the second coming. This dude has been horrible for years. Let's see this play out first. I hope I am very wrong and he works out but I need more than one game.

You guys are funny. When we picked him up the majority on here thaught this guy sucked. Now after one game he is the second coming. This dude has been horrible for years. Let's see this play out first. I hope I am very wrong and he works out but I need more than one game.

Dude... no one said he is the 2nd coming...just that he played well and hopefully he plays well again... the negative nancy’s Always show up!

Nobody said he is the second coming. Most of us still think it was a mistake to pick him up and keep him. But we also enjoy the win last week in which he played well. Not spectacular but well.

Just because I thought it was wrong to keep him I am not sitting here and bashing the guy. I love to be proven wrong on my negative initial opinion. Osweiler. Tannehill. Prove me wrong boys. I dare you. I challenge you.

Back
Top Bottom