Revitalizing The Screen Pass | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revitalizing The Screen Pass

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Several teams in the league have been excellent with screens and some of them have used them pretty effectively on us late in the season. I think it is a lost art for some teams, including Miami.

Norv had a great "screen-passing" game going at Dallas. I look for a revival of the screen play this next year as one of the major additions to the game. We didn't really work on perfecting it last year, but if a team works on it enough and has great fundamentals, it can be an excellent and devastating play.

I think this is one of the reasons for the 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB set that Turner and Wanny have talked about on passing downs this year. With Ricky in the backfield and with McMichael still in the game and his blocking, the screen can be really effective. We might even get Donald Lee in their on occasion for McM, if his open field blocking is solid. This too gives teams another thing to think about and keeps them off-balance just enough to get a guy open. I think we can spring Ricky for some huge gains (as Priest Holmes did with KC) in the passing game as a result.

This offense, if healthy, is starting to look very awesome, imo. It's going to be the genius of Norv coming through. I'm pumped. Let's just get to that first game! I don't think I can wait 3 months!!!!!!! AHHHH!

Screens won't work well for us until we show that our qb to wr passing game is big league. Until then, Ricky will be seeked out on every play, much like last year.

Shoot all it would take is to hit one or two over the top of the coverage when they bite on the screen and we would play the defense like a yo-yo the rest of the game.....This offense could be scary if the "ball distributor"(hehe) can get the ball to the right play makers.

I remember the Packers "screening" the crap out of us last year... Hopefully the additions of Seau and Knight will stop future such occurences..

Originally posted by inFINSible
Shoot all it would take is to hit one or two over the top of the coverage when they bite on the screen and we would play the defense like a yo-yo the rest of the game.....This offense could be scary if the "ball distributor"(hehe) can get the ball to the right play makers.

"ball distributor"?? LMAO :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom