Rex Ryan: I wasn’t watching the Jets’ offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan: I wasn’t watching the Jets’ offense

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
Tell me what you think of these statements. To me I don't see how he COULDN'T be watching the offense. I mean he IS on the sideline. I get that the guy is a defensive minded coach. But to say he wasn't paying attention to the offense is just crazy. I mean isn't he suppose to be the HEAD coach??? Isn't the job of the head coach to over see the ENTIRE team? This just blows my mind.

Ryan said he was mostly focused on the defense in Friday night’s preseason loss to the Lions, and so he doesn’t have a strong opinion about how the offense played.“I had my own issues on the other side of the ball, so I really never focused a whole lot when he was in there,” Ryan said of rookie quarterback Geno Smith, according to the New York Post.
When reporters asked Ryan about Mark Sanchez throwing an interception that was returned for a touchdown on the Jets’ first possession, Ryan said he didn’t see that throw, either, although he did look up in time to see Detroit rookie Ziggy Ansah running into the end zone.
“We’ll see it on tape. You guys probably saw more plays than I did,” Ryan told reporters.

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Well he will have plenty of time to watch the defense next year when he is a coordinator. He must of missed sanchezs pick 6 and almost another. He also missed his future franchise qb injuring his ankle. But I'm sure we'll here about how there was a reason why Ryan wasn't supposed to be watching the offense and we just don't understand football. The circus continues.

Back
Top Bottom