Rex Ryan Looks Depleted... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan Looks Depleted...

Oh, here we go again with "Junc's selective time frames": "through 3 years" :lol2: Eli with the Gnats has 2 SB rings in the last 4 years. The Jests have 0 during that time, Sanchez or no Sanchez.

How much time does Sanchez get? Another 43 years plus? :sidelol:

How much time do the Bills need? Another dozens of SB appearances? They'll still fail.

He's lost a lot of weight and even though he's a Jet he still deserves his props. Come on, guys, you can't hate on that.

Kaeding missed two FGs. Third was a 57 yarder as time expired. It was short, so not really a miss, just a prayer. Even if Kaeding makes those other two kicks, Chargers go down 17-13 with two minutes left. I can pretty much bet you that Jets don't go in to prevent D (as they did when they had the 17-7 lead with 2 mins left). And the way the Jets D played that game, I don't think Chargers get a TD, but too many IFS to back ur own statement up. And whats wrong with the D winning the game? Did u forget that Greene ran for over a 100 yards and scored the icing TD?

So the game changes, but only to the Jets benefit?

SD missed the first easy field goal (37 yards) on their second possession of the game. No one scored until SD scored a TD in the second quarter. It would have been 10-0 SD. The Jets don't score until the 3rd making it 7-3 SD. Right at the end of the 3rd SD turns it over out of their own endzone. That gave the ball to the Jets on the SD 15 which led to the Jets first TD of the game. You don't think SD plays that series a little different if it is 10-3? Especially considering that the Jets only managed to score just 3 points in 3 quarters? Even if it played out the same, it would have been 10-10 had SD made the first field goal. The Jets next score is at the 7:17 mark in the 4th making the score 17-7 (17-10 with the field goal). On SD next possession they drive into field goal range, and what do you know, another missed field goal. It would have been 17-13 with the 2 easy FGs. The Jets tried to run out the clock, but could not. SD gets the ball back and scores what could have been the game winner. Let me guess, SD never would have scored that TD because the Jets wouldn't have gone into prevent. Isn't a prevent defense supposed to stop big plays? Why was SD able to gain 11 yards, 37 yards, and 19 yards in their first 3 plays of that last series?

That scenario doesn't even include the 57 yard miss. You can call that 57 yard attempt a prayer, but he has made a 57 yard FG before and kicked a 54 yard FG with plenty of room to spare just a couple of weeks before the playoffs. Had he made those FGs, I think it is safer to say the outcome changes than saying the Jets still win regardless.

So the game changes, but only to the Jets benefit?

SD missed the first easy field goal (37 yards) on their second possession of the game. No one scored until SD scored a TD in the second quarter. It would have been 10-0 SD. The Jets don't score until the 3rd making it 7-3 SD. Right at the end of the 3rd SD turns it over out of their own endzone. That gave the ball to the Jets on the SD 15 which led to the Jets first TD of the game. You don't think SD plays that series a little different if it is 10-3? Especially considering that the Jets only managed to score just 3 points in 3 quarters? Even if it played out the same, it would have been 10-10 had SD made the first field goal. The Jets next score is at the 7:17 mark in the 4th making the score 17-7 (17-10 with the field goal). On SD next possession they drive into field goal range, and what do you know, another missed field goal. It would have been 17-13 with the 2 easy FGs. The Jets tried to run out the clock, but could not. SD gets the ball back and scores what could have been the game winner. Let me guess, SD never would have scored that TD because the Jets wouldn't have gone into prevent. Isn't a prevent defense supposed to stop big plays? Why was SD able to gain 11 yards, 37 yards, and 19 yards in their first 3 plays of that last series?

That scenario doesn't even include the 57 yard miss. You can call that 57 yard attempt a prayer, but he has made a 57 yard FG before and kicked a 54 yard FG with plenty of room to spare just a couple of weeks before the playoffs. Had he made those FGs, I think it is safer to say the outcome changes than saying the Jets still win regardless.

You are assuming the game plays out exactly the same. The bottom line is that missed FGs are part of the game, we didn't get extra points for our K missing 2 the next week in the title game. The team that played better in SD won the game and deserved to win no matter how much jealous div rivals hine about the game.

You are assuming the game plays out exactly the same. The bottom line is that missed FGs are part of the game, we didn't get extra points for our K missing 2 the next week in the title game. The team that played better in SD won the game and deserved to win no matter how much jealous div rivals hine about the game.

You must have just skimmed through my post because my point was the exact opposite. JetsJets is the one who assumes that the game plays out the exact same way when he said that SD still goes down 17 to 13 (without the 2 missed Fgs) My point was the game does change, but not only for the Jets benefit. The Jets got their first TD off a turnover (which gave the Jets the ball on the SD 15) when SD was only up 4. I think it is safe to say that SD plays that series a little more conservatively up 7 or 10 points instead of just 4.

3 missed FGs in a 3 point loss is a little different than 2 missed FGs in a 13 point loss. What is the argument for how the game changes for the Jets if they make the two FGs in the Colts game? Do the Jets go into a prevent up 20 to 6 instead of 17 to 6 and stop the Colts from scoring before halftime? I thought the Jets prevent was why SD scored on them so easily? You can't have it both ways. Do the 2 FGs keep the Jets from being shutout in the 2nd half and stop the Colts from scoring 17 unanswered? I highly doubt it.

You must have just skimmed through my post because my point was the exact opposite. JetsJets is the one who assumes that the game plays out the exact same way when he said that SD still goes down 17 to 13 (without the 2 missed Fgs) My point was the game does change, but not only for the Jets benefit. The Jets got their first TD off a turnover (which gave the Jets the ball on the SD 15) when SD was only up 4. I think it is safe to say that SD plays that series a little more conservatively up 7 or 10 points instead of just 4.

3 missed FGs in a 3 point loss is a little different than 2 missed FGs in a 13 point loss. What is the argument for how the game changes for the Jets if they make the two FGs in the Colts game? Do the Jets go into a prevent up 20 to 6 instead of 17 to 6 and stop the Colts from scoring before halftime? I thought the Jets prevent was why SD scored on them so easily? You can't have it both ways. Do the 2 FGs keep the Jets from being shutout in the 2nd half and stop the Colts from scoring 17 unanswered? I highly doubt it.

The Jets missed a FG w/ the game 0-0 and then up 17-13, 20-13 is very different from 17-13. We have no idea how that game ends but missed FGs are part of the game. Indy outplayed us and we outplayed SD the week before.

The Jets missed a FG w/ the game 0-0 and then up 17-13, 20-13 is very different from 17-13. We have no idea how that game ends but missed FGs are part of the game. Indy outplayed us and we outplayed SD the week before.

Being down 11 points didn't stop the Colts from scoring before the half, so I doubt being down 7, or even 10 keeps them from scoring in the 2nd half. Missed FGs are part of the game, and missing 3 of them in a 3 point game is a huge reason why SD lost.

Being down 11 points didn't stop the Colts from scoring before the half, so I doubt being down 7, or even 10 keeps them from scoring in the 2nd half. Missed FGs are part of the game, and missing 3 of them in a 3 point game is a huge reason why SD lost.

That and the Jets D completely shut down SD's high flying offense and the jets O scored 17 in the 2nd half. The only pts SD had in the 2nd half came on a drive where the Jets were playing prevent, SD was struggling to move it all game long. It's nice to have these excuses to try tio take credit away from the Jets but the bottom line is they were the better team that day and earned their win over the hottest team in the league.

That and the Jets D completely shut down SD's high flying offense and the jets O scored 17 in the 2nd half. The only pts SD had in the 2nd half came on a drive where the Jets were playing prevent, SD was struggling to move it all game long. It's nice to have these excuses to try tio take credit away from the Jets but the bottom line is they were the better team that day and earned their win over the hottest team in the league.

How is it trying to take credit away from the Jets when it is what actually happened in the game. SD missed 3 FGs in a 3 point loss. I don't buy the prevent excuse, but you can't claim that is the only way the game changes if SD makes those FGs. It goes both ways. If SD makes those FGs, they most likely do not turn the ball over on the SD 15 which led to the Jets first TD.

IMO, SD was an overrated team but they were still a better team than the Jets. 10 of SDs 13 wins came from teams with a losing record, but that is better than losing 6 out of 7 and legitimately beating only 1 playoff bound team. The Jets were better that day becasue they made less mistakes. SD really shot themselves in the foot with botched FGs and bad turnovers. Sometimes a team wins a game and sometimes the other team loses the game. To me, SD was a case of the other team losing the game.

How is it trying to take credit away from the Jets when it is what actually happened in the game. SD missed 3 FGs in a 3 point loss. I don't buy the prevent excuse, but you can't claim that is the only way the game changes if SD makes those FGs. It goes both ways. If SD makes those FGs, they most likely do not turn the ball over on the SD 15 which led to the Jets first TD.

IMO, SD was an overrated team but they were still a better team than the Jets. 10 of SDs 13 wins came from teams with a losing record, but that is better than losing 6 out of 7 and legitimately beating only 1 playoff bound team. The Jets were better that day becasue they made less mistakes. SD really shot themselves in the foot with botched FGs and bad turnovers. Sometimes a team wins a game and sometimes the other team loses the game. To me, SD was a case of the other team losing the game.

you are making excuses and making it sound like SD beat themselves while the jets didn't deserve it.

NE didn't beat a team w/ a winning record all reg season this past year, that happens sometimes. SD was the hottest team in the league and if they beat us would have had a great shot to beat Indy(who they had beaten the 2 previous years).

you are making excuses and making it sound like SD beat themselves while the jets didn't deserve it.

NE didn't beat a team w/ a winning record all reg season this past year, that happens sometimes. SD was the hottest team in the league and if they beat us would have had a great shot to beat Indy(who they had beaten the 2 previous years).

SD did beat themselves with turnovers in bad spots and missed FGs. It is what it is. If that takes credit away from the Jets, I can't help that. What does NE not beating a team with a winning record have to do with it? Is it because NE made it to the Super Bowl. Didn't you say NE had it easy in the playoffs?

.500 team int he div rd, host Joe Flacco then face a 9-7 team for the title.

I will add that Bal dropped a potential game winning TD and then missed a crucial FG that would have tied the game.

So, they didn't beat a single team with a winning record in the regular season and had an easy road to the Super Bowl. How does this prove that SD wasn't overrated? SD lost to a 9-7* Jets team in their first playoff game.

SD did beat themselves with turnovers in bad spots and missed FGs. It is what it is. If that takes credit away from the Jets, I can't help that. What does NE not beating a team with a winning record have to do with it? Is it because NE made it to the Super Bowl. Didn't you say NE had it easy in the playoffs?

I will add that Bal dropped a potential game winning TD and then missed a crucial FG that would have tied the game.

So, they didn't beat a single team with a winning record in the regular season and had an easy road to the Super Bowl. How does this prove that SD wasn't overrated? SD lost to a 9-7* Jets team in their first playoff game.

The Jets beat SD, SD didn't beat themselves. SD and everyone else thought they would roll over us but our D shut down their O and our O scored 17 2nd half pts. Sure they missed 2 makeable FGs, it's part of the game. We were still winning b/c we were better that day and b/c AD had a choker at QB.

Did NE win? we can play the what if game all day, if Welker catches that ball NE wins the SB but he dropped it.

The Jets beat SD, SD didn't beat themselves. SD and everyone else thought they would roll over us but our D shut down their O and our O scored 17 2nd half pts. Sure they missed 2 makeable FGs, it's part of the game. We were still winning b/c we were better that day and b/c AD had a choker at QB.

Did NE win? we can play the what if game all day, if Welker catches that ball NE wins the SB but he dropped it.

Anytime a team turns the ball over on their own 15 leading in the 3rd (which leads to 7 points for the other team) and also misses 3 FGs in a 3 point loss, they beat themselves. The Jets slowed SDs offense, but they got help with 3 missed FGs. SD also held the Jets O to just 3 points in 3 quarters. It wasn't until SD turned the ball over on their own 15 that the Jets scored a TD. The other came late in the 4th on a big run from Greene. Had SD made those FGs it is likely a different outcome.

I still fail to see how NE not beating a team with a winning record in the regular season and making it to the Super Bowl, makes SD (A team that lost to a 9-7* Jets team in their first playoff game) a good team. Especially when you say NE had it easy in the playoffs and faced a 9-7 team for the title.

Back
Top Bottom