Rex Ryan Looks Depleted... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan Looks Depleted...

Anytime a team turns the ball over on their own 15 leading in the 3rd (which leads to 7 points for the other team) and also misses 3 FGs in a 3 point loss, they beat themselves. The Jets slowed SDs offense, but they got help with 3 missed FGs. SD also held the Jets O to just 3 points in 3 quarters. It wasn't until SD turned the ball over on their own 15 that the Jets scored a TD. The other came late in the 4th on a big run from Greene. Had SD made those FGs it is likely a different outcome.

I still fail to see how NE not beating a team with a winning record in the regular season and making it to the Super Bowl, makes SD (A team that lost to a 9-7* Jets team in their first playoff game) a good team. Especially when you say NE had it easy in the playoffs and faced a 9-7 team for the title.

2 makebale FGs and the Jets D didn't have any hand in confusing and pressuring Rivers into that INT? Come on, you are better than this.

You were calling SD overrated b/c of the teams they beat, I simply stated a fact that NE beat zero winning teams in the reg season.

2 makebale FGs and the Jets D didn't have any hand in confusing and pressuring Rivers into that INT? Come on, you are better than this.

You were calling SD overrated b/c of the teams they beat, I simply stated a fact that NE beat zero winning teams in the reg season.

I don't know if Rivers threw the pick becasue the Jets confused him or if it was simply a bad throw. It was a poor decision either way. The point is, that turnover probably never happens if they are up 10-3 or 13-3 in the 3rd with the made FGs. Those missed FGs were key to the Jets winning. I don't know why that is so hard to admit.

So, NE wasn't overrated becasue they went to the Super Bowl? You said yourself that they had an easy road. That is why I don't understand your point. Regardless, SD lost their first playoff game against a team that was at best average in the regular season. When you consider that 10 of their 13 wins were from teams with a losing record and the fact that they lost their first playoff game, I would say that makes them overrated.

The Jets beat SD, SD didn't beat themselves. SD and everyone else thought they would roll over us but our D shut down their O and our O scored 17 2nd half pts. Sure they missed 2 makeable FGs, it's part of the game. We were still winning b/c we were better that day and b/c AD had a choker at QB.

Did NE win? we can play the what if game all day, if Welker catches that ball NE wins the SB but he dropped it.

shovelingpoop-1.jpg

I don't know if Rivers threw the pick becasue the Jets confused him or if it was simply a bad throw. It was a poor decision either way. The point is, that turnover probably never happens if they are up 10-3 or 13-3 in the 3rd with the made FGs. Those missed FGs were key to the Jets winning. I don't know why that is so hard to admit.

So, NE wasn't overrated becasue they went to the Super Bowl? You said yourself that they had an easy road. That is why I don't understand your point. Regardless, SD lost their first playoff game against a team that was at best average in the regular season. When you consider that 10 of their 13 wins were from teams with a losing record and the fact that they lost their first playoff game, I would say that makes them overrated.

Of course it was a poor decision brought on by confusion, pressure from the D and the way Rivers always plays in big games which is why I think Rivers is vastly overrated.

How do you know they score that first TD if they make the first FG? it changes the game, changes FP, who knows what happens? All that we do know is that they missed the 2 FGs and we won 17-14.

NE did have an easy road but they took care of business, it happens sometimes.

SD lost in the playoffs to a team that won 2 playoff games and held a lead in the 2nd half of the title game. It's not like they lost to the '08 dolphins.

3 of their 13 wins came from teams w/ winning records? That's pretty good, right? The Giants beat ONE team w/ a winning record last year(at NE), 2 years ago GB beat only 4 teams(one was Chi w/ nothing to play for in week 17- I've always heard this excuse for the jets). SD beat 3 teams including 2 division champs.

by the jealous div rivals doing anything they can to discredit the team that has been much more successful than their two teams have been in the last decade plus.

Jealous? Really? Because people don't buy your argument that SD didn't beat themselves in a playoff game 3 years ago when their FG kicker missed 3 FGs??? :sidelol:

Maybe you should stop trying to pretend that the might Jests are perfect. That title goes to the Miami Dolphins because they actually were 1972.

Jealous? Really? Because people don't buy your argument that SD didn't beat themselves in a playoff game 3 years ago when their FG kicker missed 3 FGs??? :sidelol:

Maybe you should stop trying to pretend that the might Jests are perfect. That title goes to the Miami Dolphins because they actually were 1972.

The kicker missed 2 makeable FGs that may or may not have made a difference. The Jets were the better team that day, the Jets deserved the win.

It's sad how you are trying to kiss up to the dolphin fans.

I don't pretend the jets are perfect, I am honest in my evaluations of the team which is something you guys are not w/ your jealousy.

Of course it was a poor decision brought on by confusion, pressure from the D and the way Rivers always plays in big games which is why I think Rivers is vastly overrated.

How do you know they score that first TD if they make the first FG? it changes the game, changes FP, who knows what happens? All that we do know is that they missed the 2 FGs and we won 17-14.

NE did have an easy road but they took care of business, it happens sometimes.

SD lost in the playoffs to a team that won 2 playoff games and held a lead in the 2nd half of the title game. It's not like they lost to the '08 dolphins.

3 of their 13 wins came from teams w/ winning records? That's pretty good, right? The Giants beat ONE team w/ a winning record last year(at NE), 2 years ago GB beat only 4 teams(one was Chi w/ nothing to play for in week 17- I've always heard this excuse for the jets). SD beat 3 teams including 2 division champs.

So, any turnover the Jets get is always becasue the Jets forced it. The QBs the Jets face never makes a bad throw / decision on their own? I'm surprised you haven't given the Jets STs credit for SD missing the 3 FGs. :chuckle:

I don't see any reason why the Jets D would play any better down 3 (with the made FG) as opposed to being tied 0-0. The missed FG changed FP for the Jets. It gave the Jets the ball on their 26 yard line. The only time SD kicked the ball off, the Jets started on their own 16 Yard line. There is no valid reason why SD wouldn't have scored that first TD had they made the FG. There are many more valid reasons why SD would not have turned the ball over and given the Jets the first TD of the game had they made those FGs.

NE took care of business against an 8-8 team in the division round and barley squeaked by Bal with the help of Bal. They went on to lose to a 9-7 Giants team. I give NE more credit than SD because even though they didn't beat a single team with a winning record during the regular season, at least they won their 2 playoff games. SD didn't.

SD lost to a Jets team that had lost 6 out of 7 during the regular season and at that time had won 1 (not 2) playoff game against a dead Bengal team. It is funny how you constantly put down the 08 Dolphins talking about the easy schedule and getting beat by Bal in their first playoff game, but try to uplift SD when 80% of their wins were from teams with a losing record and they lost to a team that was much worse than Bal in their first playoff game.

I don't care how many bad teams the Giants or Packers beat because they won the Super Bowl. It is a little different when you lose your first playoff game against a mediocre team. That kind of tells me your great record came from beating bad teams and you weren't really that good.

So, any turnover the Jets get is always becasue the Jets forced it. The QBs the Jets face never makes a bad throw / decision on their own? I'm surprised you haven't given the Jets STs credit for SD missing the 3 FGs. :chuckle:

I don't see any reason why the Jets D would play any better down 3 (with the made FG) as opposed to being tied 0-0. The missed FG changed FP for the Jets. It gave the Jets the ball on their 26 yard line. The only time SD kicked the ball off, the Jets started on their own 16 Yard line. There is no valid reason why SD wouldn't have scored that first TD had they made the FG. There are many more valid reasons why SD would not have turned the ball over and given the Jets the first TD of the game had they made those FGs.

NE took care of business against an 8-8 team in the division round and barley squeaked by Bal with the help of Bal. They went on to lose to a 9-7 Giants team. I give NE more credit than SD because even though they didn't beat a single team with a winning record during the regular season, at least they won their 2 playoff games. SD didn't.

SD lost to a Jets team that had lost 6 out of 7 during the regular season and at that time had won 1 (not 2) playoff game against a dead Bengal team. It is funny how you constantly put down the 08 Dolphins talking about the easy schedule and getting beat by Bal in their first playoff game, but try to uplift SD when 80% of their wins were from teams with a losing record and they lost to a team that was much worse than Bal in their first playoff game.

I don't care how many bad teams the Giants or Packers beat because they won the Super Bowl. It is a little different when you lose your first playoff game against a mediocre team. That kind of tells me your great record came from beating bad teams and you weren't really that good.

Sometimes it's an unforced error but the Jets had Rivers running scared most of the game, he was backed up to his GL and saw pressure and threw it up for grabs. I credit the D for that.

The Jets had an excellent KR team, b/c we had a 9 yd return to the 16 one time doesn't mean it would have happened again. Brad Smith's other KR was 36 yds.

NE made the SB and had a great chance to win, that's all that matters.

The jets came in winning 3 straight and 6 of 7, their 6 of 7 losing stretch was long gone.

SD was the hottest team in the league, they were the favorite in the AFC.

The 2008 Ravens beat 3 teams w/ winning records too and one was the inflated dolphins record, another was a playoff-less Cowboy team. They beat one playoff bound team and zero div champs. SD beat 2 div champs and 3 playoff bound teams. Does this end this silly discussion now?

Sometimes it's an unforced error but the Jets had Rivers running scared most of the game, he was backed up to his GL and saw pressure and threw it up for grabs. I credit the D for that.

The Jets had an excellent KR team, b/c we had a 9 yd return to the 16 one time doesn't mean it would have happened again. Brad Smith's other KR was 36 yds.

The jets came in winning 3 straight and 6 of 7, their 6 of 7 losing stretch was long gone.

The 2008 Ravens beat 3 teams w/ winning records too and one was the inflated dolphins record, another was a playoff-less Cowboy team. They beat one playoff bound team and zero div champs. SD beat 2 div champs and 3 playoff bound teams. Does this end this silly discussion now?

Actually the Jest lost the game 14 they legitimately needed to win against a dead Atlanta at home... and then there were 2 knees. I might concede they'd have beaten the Bengals even if the game wasn't meaningless for them considering how dead they were over their last 7 games and how easily the jest beat them in the playoffs as a result. However, no way the jest beat a team in Ind whose starters outscored them 45-27 in about a 1 1/'3rd games when actually trying and having Curtis Painter and his 4QBR under center, including 24-0 in the playoffs last 31 minutes.

So if thinking that games 15& 16 constituted a "winning streak" and that losing to Atlanta was an aberration makes you sleep at night thinking that your team deserved anything more than was accomplished by Rafael Palmeiero in BB, then go ahead; just don't try to convince others who know better that the 09 jest were exponentially more decent than they were step in **** lucky!!!. :idk:

Oh and that SD game would have ended 14-10 if not for Shon Greene's 53 yd run, even with Kaeding crapping the bed almost as bad as did Sanchez.

the fact that you think sanchez had a bad game at SD tells me all I need to know. It's not worth discussing w/ you, you make too many excuses.

You credit the Jets D for everything. Rivers threw it right to Leonard. It doesn't look like the Jets did anything to force that turnover. Just becasue the Jets had a good return to their 40 doesn't mean they would have had another good return, anymore than when they had the bad return to their 9 means they would have another bad return. SD started on their own 31 when they scored that first TD, so I don't see how FP would have changed so drastically from a made FG that SD wouldn't have been able to score. I think that is a bit of a reach.

NE made the Super Bowl, and Bal made it to the AFCC game. That is a little different than losing your first playoff game to a 9-7* Jets team. The 2 division champs and 3 playoff bound teams that SD beat were Dal, Phi, and Cincy. 3 weak playoff teams. The funny part about this debate is that you would be arguing how overrated SD was if it happened to be the Dolphins at 13-3 (with 80% of the wins coming from teams with a losing record) and losing their first playoff game to an average team.

the fact that you think sanchez had a bad game at SD tells me all I need to know. It's not worth discussing w/ you, you make too many excuses.

oh my god.. you declaring that someone else makes too many excuses when faced with facts and college freshman level applied Logic 101 says more about you than it does about me. Sorry, but of course you're one of the few on here that can't see that. Again, trying to count to 2 meaningless games, especially one you were losing to a team that looked like they were gonna go undefeated if they tried as "wins" is delusional.

You credit the Jets D for everything. Rivers threw it right to Leonard. It doesn't look like the Jets did anything to force that turnover. Just becasue the Jets had a good return to their 40 doesn't mean they would have had another good return, anymore than when they had the bad return to their 9 means they would have another bad return. SD started on their own 31 when they scored that first TD, so I don't see how FP would have changed so drastically from a made FG that SD wouldn't have been able to score. I think that is a bit of a reach.

NE made the Super Bowl, and Bal made it to the AFCC game. That is a little different than losing your first playoff game to a 9-7* Jets team. The 2 division champs and 3 playoff bound teams that SD beat were Dal, Phi, and Cincy. 3 weak playoff teams. The funny part about this debate is that you would be arguing how overrated SD was if it happened to be the Dolphins at 13-3 (with 80% of the wins coming from teams with a losing record) and losing their first playoff game to an average team.

Nah, they didn't confuse Rivers then pressure him into that throw. It was all b/c Rivetrs just felt like throwing it to the opposing team.

Brad Smith averaged 31 yds per return in 2009, there was a much better chance he was going to have a 20+ yd return than another under 10 return.

Bal got to play Miami, if SD plays Miami they make the 2009 championship Game. Unfortunatetly for them they played a much better team.

SD had won playoff games 2 straight years, were in the title game in '07, div rd in '08. If Miami did that and lost in '09 w/ a 13-3 record I'd make fun of them but I don't think I'd make all the pathetic excuses you guys makes. Fortunately we don't have to worry about Miami ever going 13-3.:lol:

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

oh my god.. you declaring that someone else makes too many excuses when faced with facts and college freshman level applied Logic 101 says more about you than it does about me. Sorry, but of course you're one of the few on here that can't see that. Again, trying to count to 2 meaningless games, especially one you were losing to a team that looked like they were gonna go undefeated if they tried as "wins" is delusional.

Please stop, all you do is make excuses for the jets success and dolphins failures. You are even doing it here whining about the qtr and half of Indy backups in a 5 pt game and Cincy removing their starts in the 2nd half trailing 27-0.

Back
Top Bottom