Rf Starting Week One Is Not A Lock

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This from mando

Ryan Fitzpatrick QB, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins coach Brian Flores said Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't a lock to start Week 1.
Fitzpatrick is starting Miami's third preseason game, a sign he's still ahead of Josh Rosen. Flores left open the possibility for Rosen to pass Fitzpatrick, but Rosen has been too inconsistent to this point. Even if Fitzpatrick holds off Rosen to start the season, his leash figures to be short.

I was thinking the same way. How has he been more consistent than Rosen when the offense has actually been better with Rosen in there?

Maybe the poster is being sarcastic?

Fitz has thrown 14 passes in the PS. He has only completed 5 of them for (35.7%). Obviously hard to get in a rhythm but Rosen has attempted 38 passes & hit the 60% mark. He made some great throws, horrific throws, had a WR (PW) make him look really good as well as really bad with drops.

Neither has thrown for a TD. Ruddock threw for 2 scores.

This game will show us a lot more but Rosen has shown enough to start, IMO.

Last edited:
I think Fitz starts the season because I feel Rosen has been telling us himself in a round about way all offseason that he isn’t quite ready or near Fitz’s Level of comprehension.

Kinda shocks me no one is talking about Ruddock starting since
he's dominated the TD tally! I mean get the pig in the Nzone!

Didn't Rosen start week 2 preseason? It's Fitz turn this week. I mean what are we even talking about here?

I understand Flores' quandry. He can't justify having legitimate competition at every position if he hands Rosen the job. This is a situation where the 2 QBs have, for lack of a better term, sucked. Yes we need to see what Rosen has before the end of the season but if he can't establish himself over Fitzpatrick, we don't have much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom