Rf Starting Week One Is Not A Lock | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rf Starting Week One Is Not A Lock

They need to put the kid in there and unleash him.

As Shula did with Marino.

I’m not saying Rosen is Marino or anything like it, but the best way to see what you have is to start him with the 1s while the O line is healthy, the receivers are the best we have, and see what he’s got in a no bullshit game situation.

Yes, he will struggle. But he will also learn RIGHT NOW. A few games in, he will settle down. THEN you’ll see what you have.

Otherwise, this whole business is academic, and a waste of a 2nd round pick. If Rosen fails because when he finally gets in our line is decimated with injuries, you won’t see what he can do other than run for his life.

If he fails because he didn’t get to play much, then we’ll pick a QB next year and this was a waste of a 2nd round pick.

Put the kid in.
Marino didnt start until week 7 or 8. He also had a good OL. I think Fitz starts the first 4 games and if the team is 0-4 or 1-3 Rosen starts week 6. That gives an inexperienced OL time to gel and Rosen 6 extra weeks of practice. No sense putting him behind that OL early with his trust and confidence issues.

Marino didnt start until week 7 or 8. He also had a good OL. I think Fitz starts the first 4 games and if the team is 0-4 or 1-3 Rosen starts week 6. That gives an inexperienced OL time to gel and Rosen 6 extra weeks of practice. No sense putting him behind that OL early with his trust and confidence issues.
I disagree, they need to see how he handles bad OLs, because there's no sign he's ever going to get much better OLs playing in Miami...

I disagree, they need to see how he handles bad OLs, because there's no sign he's ever going to get much better OLs playing in Miami...
You only need to review last years film for that.

So it’ll be better to put him behind the o line in week 6 when the 2s are filling in for the inevitability injured 1s? He’ll take a worse beating than Tannehill. I say put him in NOW when he’ll get the best of what we have (grain of salt).

Yes, Marino didn’t go in week one. But when he did, that was all she wrote.

You only need to review last years film for that.
Well hopefully, they reviewed the film before trading for him. And decided to field this OL anyway... So if you sit him because you dont think he can handle pressure in the first place, then I seriously question what it is that they were trying to achieve with this move, followed by the complete negligence of this joke of an offensive line...

Back
Top Bottom