Rhamondre Stevenson RB Oklahoma | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rhamondre Stevenson RB Oklahoma

Stevenson is one of several backs i wouldn't mind drafting. I find myself going down the list of most runninging backs names and saying sure I would like to have so and so but if I had to settle for this guy instead that would be ok too. Put Stevenson behind a good oline and you will have a decent running game. Put him behind a poor oline and he might never amount to much.

Would love to pick up R. Stevenson in 5th round and see what Flo can make him into. I think if he dropped 10 pounds his speed would increase and he could fill our power running need/compliment our current RBs

Would love to pick up R. Stevenson in 5th round and see what Flo can make him into. I think if he dropped 10 pounds his speed would increase and he could fill our power running need/compliment our current RBs
I think rather than lose 10 lbs they need to work on his flexibility. Flexibility greatly aids agility.
I like how he runs. But like you mentioned, not before 5th round as he is a raw monster. Needs some coaching.

Sermon is a solid flyer...would be a nice late Day 3 pick. Not too fast but can be explosive. Had some really nice plays during his hot streak. Kind of reminds me of Ajay...injury worries push him down to the 5th But ends up being a little better than that.

Stevenson is a pass for me. Wouldn’t even be on the board. Too slow, no explosion and his runs were him just doing his job...nothing special.

khalil Herbert is a guy I would group in here, too. I just like his running style a lot. I. Worried about his small handles (fumbling, pass catching) and his lack of explosion, though, but he’s fast enough for me. He’s probably just a guy, but could be part of the committee it seems like Miami is building.

There always seem to be a lot more smallish scat backs available than true big backs. Sermon/Stevensons are more rare and tend to fall in the draft if they are not true #1 Bell cow backs.

Which... is why I'm drawn to them. The risk is very small, and the potential upside is very large. You could miss on a couple of them over the years and then hit on just one... and you are golden.

@Feverdream
Agree on all points. Its really nice having a big monster RB for certain situations and anything is possible in the NFL. 1st rounders bust and 6th rounders becoming Pro-bowl players.

I think some of this comes down to the blame game.

I won't mention any names, but you know these guys... They come in here every year, focus on a drafted player that has outperformed their draft position, then pronounce that we should have KNOWN to take this player, and we didn't because our GM sucks, our coach sucks, our mascot sucks...

They'll say... we should have known to draft Brady, we passed on him because we were stupid. ...and when we respond, yeah, every other team passed on him repeatedly, as well. Then all we get in response are crickets as these guys slink back into their basements until next time.

They live on outrage... and anger... and envy, and fans like this are why many are so risk adverse. GMs start to fear making a mistake because of their unwashed fanbase.

EVERY PICK IS A RISK... EVERY DAMNED ONE OF THEM... but we took several shots on greatness last year. We took two very young players and a guy coming off a serious injury in the first last year, and we did this because we are shooting for the stars with our picks. I hope we keep doing that.

All of this said, to come back to one main point.

Taking a RB early is the safe move. Pay a lot more in money and draft capital, and get a higher percentage chance of getting what you want. Waiting til later and taking a guy that you think is perfect for a particular job on your team, or a guy with fewer carries in college, but great traits... THAT is taking a home run swing, and I sure hope we pass on the 'big three'.

Fits better with a power team like Pittsburg in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom