Rice is a Hawk | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rice is a Hawk

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Rice Traded to....

Raiders | Rice Headed to Seattle - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:38:36 -0700

Jay Glazer, of Fox Sports, reports on Foxsports.com that the Oakland Raiders have agreed to trade WR Jerry Rice to the Seattle Seahawks for a conditional seventh round draft choice based on certain playing time incentives.

I am glad he got traded, i think he will do good there for them. But when we play them i just hope he doesnt get smacked around too much by Pat,Sam or Will.

wow. who would of thought we'd seen the day where Jerry Rice would be traded for a 7th rounder. I hope he throws it in the Raiders face. We'll see him later on in the season!!

Awesome. I'm happy for him. The Raiders are aging and the "grey-beards" will all have to leave sooner or later.

But you have to think- it's kind of sad that Turner is trading away these guys. I was hoping that Tim Brown would retire a Raider, as his legacy is there. Also I know for a fact that Jerry didn't want to leave the Bay Area.

I dont think that Rice was worth a 7th. Maybe the way he is playing this year he is worth a 7th but the Raiders should of got like a 5 or 4th on him. The Seahawks are ripping the Raiders off like we rip of the Chargers.

Well, hopefully he'll finish his career on a high note. He'll get some balls thrown his way because Koren "Stone Hands" Robinson will be suspended for 4 games.

Call me crazy, but which part of Rice going to Seattle has to do with the Fins?

PhinDude88 said:
I dont think that Rice was worth a 7th. Maybe the way he is playing this year he is worth a 7th but the Raiders should of got like a 5 or 4th on him. The Seahawks are ripping the Raiders off like we rip of the Chargers.

Keep in mind...He's 42...its not like the Seahawks will have him more than another season. And really, IF Rice does well with them this year, he'll retire after this season (especially if they get him another ring).

I hope, when he does retire, that he signs one of those one day deals with SF so he can retire as a 49er. I can't remember whether Montana did that or not.

(So this will be on topic) I look forward to seeing how well our defense can stop him come Nov. 21st...

Back
Top Bottom