Rich Eisen Thinks Tua If Healthy Is A Top Three MVP Candidate in '23 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rich Eisen Thinks Tua If Healthy Is A Top Three MVP Candidate in '23

Top 3? That is mighty high praise. I think Mahomes, Hurts, Lamar, and Burrow would be rated ahead of Tua right now.

I disagree. Though Tua has an injury issue that holds him back from reaching the type of QB he could be, when he is healthy only Mahomes is without doubt better and more effective, while Burrow is arguably there ahead of Tua because of consistency, but on potential is still imo, to be decided if/when Tua proves he can play without getting badly injured.

Jackson is a great dual threat QB, but if you can slow his running down, and is forced to be more of a pocket passer, he can not hang with Tua in a shootout (Example: Last year). As for Hurts, almost the same story, with a bit more effectiveness in the pocket if need be.

I don't put too much stock in dual threat QBs that tend to run 1st, or may not show the discipline to stay in the pocket a bit longer. Jackson and Hurts are great QBs, but running comes with wear and tear, it hinders the chance of a big passing play because the QB was not willing to wait, and if the QB has to run too much, it will slow down an offense in scoring, so if the offense falls too far behind, they will make it tough to come back.

I also believe Tua is more accurate, with better anticipation, and a quicker release, then both Jackson and Hurts, as well as also having as good or better deep ball then both of them.

Lamar has won an MVP before. He has Zay Flowers, OBJ, Mark Andrews, Bateman, and possibly D-Hop to throw to. The guy is second only to Mahomes in winning percentage. You guys are missing the target on this one.
Every single wide receiver wants to get out of there after playing with him. He only throws to Andrews.

I disagree. Though Tua has an injury issue that holds him back from reaching the type of QB he could be, when he is healthy only Mahomes is without doubt better and more effective, while Burrow is arguably there ahead of Tua because of consistency, but on potential is still imo, to be decided if/when Tua proves he can play without getting badly injured.

Jackson is a great dual threat QB, but if you can slow his running down, and is forced to be more of a pocket passer, he can not hang with Tua in a shootout (Example: Last year). As for Hurts, almost the same story, with a bit more effectiveness in the pocket if need be.

I don't put too much stock in dual threat QBs that tend to run 1st, or may not show the discipline to stay in the pocket a bit longer. Jackson and Hurts are great QBs, but running comes with wear and tear, it hinders the chance of a big passing play because the QB was not willing to wait, and if the QB has to run too much, it will slow down an offense in scoring, so if the offense falls too far behind, they will make it tough to come back.

I also believe Tua is more accurate, with better anticipation, and a quicker release, then both Jackson and Hurts, as well as also having as good or better deep ball then both of them.
Yet he is behind both in winning percentage

Every single wide receiver wants to get out of there after playing with him. He only throws to Andrews.
Who? Hollywood Brown? I bet he wishes he was back in Baltimore now:lol:

Ugh. I'm so tired of people just vomiting up Lamar's name. The guy has ended the last two seasons with a bum knee and his entire style of play is predicated on being a running threat. Stick him in the pocket and he's a fairly pedestrian QB. I do not know why the Ravens paid him as his game is going to keep dipping.
I disagree about Lamar overall.. yes he’s had his injuries but like Tua if he’s healthy I think will be in the mvp discussion

Todd monken was imo the top offensive coordinator available this off-season and he’s now a raven so I believe that will help.

Who? Hollywood Brown? I bet he wishes he was back in Baltimore now:lol:
He's the only 1000 yard receiver Jackson ever made and he had 1004 yards. Jackson doesn't throw to these guys. Bateman was complaining not too long ago as well. Wait until OBJ starts complaining about not getting the ball.

Jackson says he is going to try to pass the ball this season but he will be right back to one read and run very fast.

Agreed on the top 4
Mahommes, Tua, Hurts and Burrow.

Up until like week 13, it was pretty much a Mahommes /Tua race.

So, the top 4 could be interchangeable.

But my order
1- Mahommes
2-Tua
3- Burrow
4- Hurts

Reactions: dha
Top 3? That is mighty high praise. I think Mahomes, Hurts, Lamar, and Burrow would be rated ahead of Tua right now.
Hurts has a grand total of ONE great season....lets see if he can do it again.....lamar missed time just like Tua.......Mahomes and Burrow are 1-2 and then you have several QB's that could be number 3 but health and consistency might determine that

Hurts has a grand total of ONE great season....lets see if he can do it again.....lamar missed time just like Tua.......Mahomes and Burrow are 1-2 and then you have several QB's that could be number 3 but health and consistency might determine that
When it comes to Hurts I truly believe he is a product of the system so as long as the system remains so will his level of play

Slightly off topic, I watched the Seahawks - Chargers week 7 matchup last night on NFLN.

Seahawks pretty much had control of the game from start to finish. Geno Smith can sling a football. His 2022 season wasn't a fluke and they should be even better.

I gotta say though, I can't tell who Justin Herbert is going to be. I can't comprehend someone looking so good and so bad at the same time.

When it comes to Hurts I truly believe he is a product of the system so as long as the system remains so will his level of play
Hurts seems like, to me at least, the kind of player who, while he gets it done through simple athletic ability at times, will gain lethality as a pocket passer as he gains experience.

I don't think he can be shoehorned as a one trick pony, that will always be what he is now.

Yet he is behind both in winning percentage

Well, it's team and coaches that win or lose games, not just a QB.

Do you think if Miami had had the defense the Eagles and Ravens have had, Tua would have been part of some of the losses he was?

Do you think if Tua had the O-Line that the Eagles and Ravens ORG have given them, Tua would not have done even a bit better to maybe help the team overcome not having as reliable a defense as they had?

Did Tua have the talent at Receiver and RB, as the other two?

I think Tua this year is around what the other two have had, let's see if Tua can stay healthy, what he can do compared to Jackson and Hurts.

Back
Top Bottom