Richard Marshall at CB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Richard Marshall at CB

NyPhan23

Starter
Reaction score
One thing mentioned this morning that I feel has been overlooked a bit is Philbin claiming that Richard Marshall will be used as a CB. From everything I've read, this is not Marshall's strongest position. Draft smokescreen (could we be hiding that we intend to draft CB semi-high)? Any chance Marshall can turn his poor CB play around? Not trying to question our new managements judgement or start another doom and gloom thread, just wanna talk some football.

who knows.. gonna have to wait 30 days to find out lol i hope its a smoke screen but to be honest im not as enamored with the Marshall Pick up as some. 3 teams in 3 years.. plus its not like hes Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu who will be "thrown all over the field".. he seems to me as more as a jack of all trades but a master of none...

At least he can catch the ball I've heard... maybe he could teach Sean Smith a thing or two. I'm not very familiar with this draft class... is it a deep secondary class?

At least he can catch the ball I've heard... maybe he could teach Sean Smith a thing or two. I'm not very familiar with this draft class... is it a deep secondary class?

FAR from a deep secondary class. At corner, once you get past the 2nd round talent, there's a fairly big dropoff. And at safety, there's 2, maybe 3 starting caliber players. That's it.

As far as the "3 teams in 3 years" statement, he was the defensive MVP on the Cardinals last year, and they said themselves, they really wanted to resign him. On the message boards, Cardinals fans were pissed that they didnt resign him. The only reason they didn't is because they were trying to get Manning at the time.

I think he starts instead of Smith. When questioned about Davis and Smith he said they both played well, but mention soley regarding Davis about how physical he was. Regarding Marshall he mentioned how good a tackler he was. One thing we know about Sean Smith he is neither physical or a decent tackler.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

FAR from a deep secondary class. At corner, once you get past the 2nd round talent, there's a fairly big dropoff. And at safety, there's 2, maybe 3 starting caliber players. That's it.

As far as the "3 teams in 3 years" statement, he was the defensive MVP on the Cardinals last year, and they said themselves, they really wanted to resign him. On the message boards, Cardinals fans were pissed that they didnt resign him. The only reason they didn't is because they were trying to get Manning at the time.

I agree totally. For all the slack Ireland has taken, IMO, this was one of the most underrated FA pickups throughout the NFL.

Marshall said they would figure out his best position at camp, until then no one really knows. They can say whatever they want, but until they see him play both positions there is really no concrete set position for him. However, this could be a smokescreen as the draft will probably show.

If Marshall starts ahead of Smith our secondary just got worse. Marshall was horrible as a starter in Carolina at cb

marshall shouldnt see the field much at all IMO... I see nothing over the past few years that strikes me as this guy being an upgrade over anybody on our roster.

it's almost like ireland wants throw a bunch of average wannabes out there, and see just how many games they can win.

marshall shouldnt see the field much at all IMO... I see nothing over the past few years that strikes me as this guy being an upgrade over anybody on our roster.

it's almost like ireland wants throw a bunch of average wannabes out there, and see just how many games they can win.

Damn sure paid this guy alot for so little actual production

If Smith plays like he did last season, I'd start just about anyone on the team over him.

Seriously though, Marshall should have no trouble beating him out.

either he is going to play nickel, or Smith is moving to nickel (which is prob a good move) we lost will allen. we have jones, clemons at safety and i wouldnt doubt that we draft more d-backs, a pass rusher, WR, and o-lineman in draft. those seem to be our biggest needs not in any order. prob a qb someplace too.

how is moving sean smith to the nickle a good move??? he'll face more faster quick twitch guys on the inside...and he's not a secure enough tackler after the completion...i think thats a bad move...unless he's inside over a te

how is moving sean smith to the nickle a good move??? he'll face more faster quick twitch guys on the inside...and he's not a secure enough tackler after the completion...i think thats a bad move...unless he's inside over a te

Yep. Smith covering those quick slot receivers is a disaster in the making

Back
Top Bottom