Richard Vs. Flores | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Richard Vs. Flores

I don't have a dog in the fight but really? I mean there are excuses for everything. The Texans had a lot of injuries but still won their division over Luck and Indy. Their division had three potential playoff teams with Tennessee. Best division in the AFC. Weak division? Heard of the AFC East? KC and SD were great but Denver was a dumpster fire and Oakland was horrific.

I’m not talking specifically about the 2018 season. Jesus. O’Brien has been the Texans head coach since 2014.

I hope the news of us hiring Flores over Richard isnt accurate How do the Dolphins think a guy Belicheck didnt think was ready for the coordinator position after 1 season is ready to be a head coach. While Richard has been successful with more than 1 team with his current team management and players saying he's ready to be a coach and they aren't going to let him go easy. Even both offensive and defensive coordinators of the Cowboys have said he's going to be a great coach. All things I've read online point to Richard being ready while Flores isnt. This team really frustrates me and it just seems like we are about to waste another 2-3 years or more. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not feeling good about this hire.

Not to repeat myself... but also Flores’s Patriot defense was not good...worst run defense in 45 years for the Patriots(1973).

And he was a linebackers coach... what am I missing?

He isn’t ready...I’m sure he’s a nice guy..He May even have a bright future... but he needs more time in the oven as coordinator.

as a person i really like flores, but as a coach i think richard is better. im not happy, but i will support coach flores if he is indeed the guy.

as a person i really like flores, but as a coach i think richard is better. im not happy, but i will support coach flores if he is indeed the guy.
Yeah, I feel sorry for the guy. Ross / Grier are assholes to put this poor guy in this position. It's going to be heartbreaking to watch this guy, who seems to be a very good person, go through this.

I'm not questioning it.

Flores was the DC last year, regardless of his title (as was Patricia in 10, 11, and possibly 12).

If Big Bill B wants to wait a year, or two, or three to give his assistants the title, more power to him.

Fact remains, his job last year was defensive coordi0nator. You can call him "coffee boy," doesn't change the facts.
My reply wasn't directed at you or the post. Wasn't meant that way. Just a general observation of how I think the Pat's do things. Title, or No Title......They Get Results.
:wink

Yeah, I feel sorry for the guy. Ross / Grier are assholes to put this poor guy in this position. It's going to be heartbreaking to watch this guy, who seems to be a very good person, go through this.

I'm not. I think it's a great opportunity for a young guy to build a young team and grow as you improve.

The key will be a great teaching staff, and the QB (as always).

I'm not. I think it's a great opportunity for a young guy to build a young team and grow as you improve.

The key will be a great teaching staff, and the QB (as always).
Well, you're right - he's going to be set for life. I was thinking of the permanent shell shocked look on his face and the humiliation of a guy who obviously has worked very, very hard and by all accounts, very honestly, all his life. But he'll be set for life. I could put up with that for a couple years for that kind of money.

Well, you're right - he's going to be set for life. I was thinking of the permanent shell shocked look on his face and the humiliation of a guy who obviously has worked very, very hard and by all accounts, very honestly, all his life. But he'll be set for life. I could put up with that for a couple years for that kind of money.

If he's given the opportunity to build a team, lack of success at the beginning will be unpleasant but tolerable.

I wasn't talking about financial success.

He can say no.

Self ban? I’ll give credit where due, but why would I ban myself?

Ross and Grier don’t exactly have sterling records when it comes to finding talent.

If they hit on Flores I’ll give them credit.
I agree 100% with SkapePhin, I believe Richard will end up a great HC whereas with Flores he just does not inspire me with what I've seen. If the fins hire Flores, I hope I'm dead wrong about him and he becomes next great HC and I will be as excited as hell. This has nothing to do with who's right or wrong, these are just opinions based off of small sampling of what I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom