Rick Carlisle coach of the year!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rick Carlisle coach of the year!!!

DonShula84 said:
What does this have to do with the Dolphins?

Nothing.
Just tiried seeing threads about weakass RW. want to see something about a real WINNER.

Carlisle???

Sorry, Stan Van Gundy and the Miami Heat baby!!
The Heat showed they are the class of the NBA when they beat the daylights out of the Suns last night.

PS
This is the wrong forum for this. But since it is here I will comment.

So this is what Saturday has become in the main forum? :shakeno:

fin-atic said:
Carlisle???

Sorry, Stan Van Gundy and the Miami Heat baby!!
The Heat showed they are the class of the NBA when they beat the daylights out of the Suns last night.

PS
This is the wrong forum for this. But since it is here I will comment.

You could get a monkey to coach that team, Rick has done a lot with nothing. Missing 3 or 4 of their top starters all year and still have a good chance to make the playoffs. That is talented coaching. I know if we do make the playoffs, there are going to be a lot of teams hoping we dont land in your home court. Reggie is going to tear it up being his final year. The man can still shoot the 3.

Mike Fratello (Memphis), Mike D'Antoni (Phoenix) (sp?), or Nate McMillan (Seattle) get my pick before Stan Van Gundy....

TerryTate said:
Mike Fratello (Memphis), Mike D'Antoni (Phoenix) (sp?), or Nate McMillan (Seattle) get my pick before Stan Van Gundy....

I agree, Nate has done an lot with the Sonics with less talent. Though, my bias still has me rooting for D'Antoni.

Shamboubou said:
You could get a monkey to coach that team, Rick has done a lot with nothing. Missing 3 or 4 of their top starters all year and still have a good chance to make the playoffs. That is talented coaching. I know if we do make the playoffs, there are going to be a lot of teams hoping we dont land in your home court. Reggie is going to tear it up being his final year. The man can still shoot the 3.

They wont win squat without Jermaine O'Neal. The Pacers are playing in a terrible eastern conference. He isnt accomplishing as much as you think he is.

Shamboubou said:
You could get a monkey to coach that team.....

That's when I stopped listening.

Look at what the man did last year.....his FIRST year as a HC....if you want to see what kind of coach Van Gundy is. He took a young, undersized group led by a rookie to Indy and damn near knocked them out of the playoffs. Going into that series, the Heat owned the league's best record after February.

People like to knock Phil Jackson. But tell me how many championships the Bulls and Lakers won before he arrived in each city?? Won in his second season as Bulls HC. Won in his first three seasons in LA.

Sure, having Shaq is an ENORMOUS bonus for whichever team has him. But it's not as if the Heat were total crap before he got there. Outside of Wade, Butler, Odom and Jones (and perhaps Grant).....few people had heard of the players on the Heat's roster. And yet Van Gundy got them to believe and execute.

Back
Top Bottom