Rick Gosselin's Positional Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rick Gosselin's Positional Rankings

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon.../stories/040105dnspogooseranks.19718cb90.html

I posted his mock draft the other day. As I said then, his mocks have been among the most accurate over the past three years. His rankings have also been THE most accurate over the last three years, in terms of where the players got picked.

His rankings reflect a lot of the things that I've heard from some scout types. An example: Mike Williams. I've said on the free board that there are a lot of teams that see Mike Williams as an H-Back due to his size and lack of top speed. Those teams have Troy Williamson rated ahead of him on their draft boards. Another example is Derrick Johnson. I don't think he's the top linebacker in this draft, and many scouts are realizing that by watching his film. He's an athletic freak, but he hates contact. Scouts see a guy that tries to run around blocks, freelances, and attempts to arm tackle too much. Derrick rarely gets his hips and legs behind him and explodes through the ball carrier. I think until this guy changes his game, he's going to get swallowed up in the NFL.

Something about DeMarcus Ware is screaming John Thierry at me though. It seems the Cowboys are looking at Ware with the 11th pick.

Elton Brown is his #7 rated guard. Ben Wilkerson isn't even among his Top 10 centers. Dang.

Yeah. I disagree with him on his ranking of Brown and Wilkerson, although I'd love to get both as mid round picks. Talk about two absolute steals.

I think Brown will be MUCH better once he's in the pros. I have no first-hand info of this, but I think that his playing hoops for 4 years makes him less of a football player. It's one thing for a wide receiver or QB to play hoops, but quite another for an OL. Once in the pros and on a pro weight training program, I think he'll become more of a mauler.

KB21 said:
Something about DeMarcus Ware is screaming John Thierry at me though. It seems the Cowboys are looking at Ware with the 11th pick.

I'm with you on this. As a general rule, I'm a bit biased against small school guys. And I'm also wary of guys whose draft stock flies up the board so quickly. Remember Mike "Highway 59" Mamula?. Throw them together and...well, let Parcells take him, that's all I'll say.

I like DeMarcus Ware...definitely liked what he showed at the Senior Bowl, I just didn't think he was #11 material. We'll see.

The guy I want at a value price is Matt Jones.

Back
Top Bottom